Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no, that’s not a novated lease but a salary packaging lease. So the car is not registered under my name but the lease company. I will need to return the car after the lease is expired.
Mine is a salary packaged novated leased (that’s generally what novated leases are to get the tax benefit). However, it’s possible your lease company is doing it differently to most. There is this separate thread on novated leases…

In all leases the vehicle belongs to the leasing company. In the case of a novated lease, the employer is taking over responsibility for paying the lease from the employee.

That doesn't necessarily affect who is the registered operator of the vehicle - it doesn't have to be the legal owner - and it certainly doesn't affect who Tesla has recorded as the owner.

Reactions: elddum
I’m sure I’m not the only saddo who checks the Tesla app at least once a day for delivery updates, right? :)

Attachments

• IMG_6496.jpeg
    IMG_6496.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: elddum and Jules22
In all leases the vehicle belongs to the leasing company. In the case of a novated lease, the employer is taking over responsibility for paying the lease from the employee.

That doesn't necessarily affect who is the registered operator of the vehicle - it doesn't have to be the legal owner - and it certainly doesn't affect who Tesla has recorded as the owner.
Not true, under novated lease you are the legal owner and the vehicle is registered under your name.

Anyway let's stop making this thread as a NL / lease discussion thread.

My initial question was not related to lease / NL at all. I was simply asking is there any way for me to check which vassal my assigned vehicle is onboarded, if Telsa did not send me the notification email that some people were referring to. Thanks.

Anyone know if you can change the specs after you have completed the form with the VIN?

I really want the white seats now.

Suggest to first check the inventory and if your dream model is there give Tesla a call to ask if they know where the vehicle is and if you can change.

Last time I spoke to Tesla about their inventory I was told that they all got a VIN so I assume that means they aren't too far away.

Anyway let's stop making this thread as a NL / lease discussion thread.
Agreed! but it would be easier if you didn’t tell everyone they were wrong or not consider others may have some experience in novated leases, operating leases, other types of leasing, and salary sacrifice programs, and that each of our circumstances may be slightly different… so as to allow a constructive discussion. Our aim here is to help and support each other!!

To your question, from what I can see most people get the vessel confirmed based on the notification from Tesla. Others, like me deduced it based on trawling these and other forums and piecing together info.. it was a guess that was later confirmed in Tesla’s email. You can also subscribe to services like Vedaprime, but if you haven’t got a VIN allocated, I am unsure if they can provide any more certainty than a far more experienced guess. Might be worth taking a look at their service though.

Not recalling your earlier details, if you can login to your Tesla account to see the order, you may be able to search the web page source for your VIN (see comments earlier in this thread on how). With that VIN, Vedaprime or others may be able to provide you more certainty.

…or ask your leasing company?

Good luck!

question for the group - if I still dont have a VIN assigned (hidden or visible), is there any chance that my MYLR is on a boat? Doesnt look like my EDD - Sept-Nov is going to be correct if not.
It means there's no car assigned to you yet, but assignment of cars to orders does happen while the vehicle is at sea, and sometimes even after the vehicle is already in the country. So, maybe.

question for the group - if I still dont have a VIN assigned (hidden or visible), is there any chance that my MYLR is on a boat? Doesnt look like my EDD - Sept-Nov is going to be correct if not.

Alot of us seem to have gotten our VIN the moment it was loaded from Shanghai so I would say ... no. Yours is probably still at the dock in China or in production. However, there are many circumstances (ie. People cancelling their order, changing spec etc, etc) that you might suddenly get allocated a VIN so I would wait and see.

Reactions: elddum
Suggest to first check the inventory and if your dream model is there give Tesla a call to ask if they know where the vehicle is and if you can change.

Last time I spoke to Tesla about their inventory I was told that they all got a VIN so I assume that means they aren't too far away.
I called about an inventory model and was told it was on the same ship as the one I ordered so it wouldn’t have been any quicker.