Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was assigned a vehicle on October 10th on GLOVIS CARAVEL but still haven't received a VIN.

I'm assuming this is because I have chosen financing as my payment method. Do you have to contact Tesla to get this resolved?

I found that the fastest/best way to contact Tesla is to reply to their SMS messages. I called Tesla twice and each time was told 'it should happen soon' but when I then used SMS I got the final papers within an hour.

I was assigned a vehicle on October 10th on GLOVIS CARAVEL but still haven't received a VIN.

I'm assuming this is because I have chosen financing as my payment method. Do you have to contact Tesla to get this resolved?
Yup..
You technically won't get the VIN until the final invoice is issued.
This won't happen until the finance is sorted.
Give them a call and they will be able to get the VIN for you.

I went through the same thing last week and they sent the VIN through in a SMS.

Reactions: dronus

If you’ve received an SMS and/or email saying you’ve been assigned a vehicle there will be a VIN, and as others have said you won’t likely get that given to you till final invoice.

If you want to see the VIN as I did, just to assure myself there was a real car assigned, login to your Tesla account, got to the manage page for your order and you can then in your browser open/view the page source and search for LRW. You will likely find a "vin":"LRWxxxxxxxxx" in the page source near a section on insurance and a reference to your order number. The “xxx” will be the unique numbers of your VIN.

No, there is a unplanned route change to Fiji (confirmed by Vedaprime).
Planned arrival to Brisbane port unload is still 30 Oct so no change but it will arrive to Brisbane on the 29 instead of the 25.
Suggest subscribe to Vedaprime for up to date information.

FYI, current location of Morning Cello on it's way to Fiji.

1697966535311.png

Reactions: elddum
Hi - Can I ask why is it important to get the VIN -my Tesla App states EDD 21st of November to 12th of Dec - why do I need the VIN now?
You don’t need it. It’s just a comfort factor for some people (including me) just see that a specific car has been alllocated and on a ship.

If you’ve been notified by Tesla that a car has been assigned, on a vessel, and given delivery dates range that’s really all you need.

Knowing the VIN before Tesla provide registration documents and/or invoice doesn’t give you anything more.

We just need to be patient now! 🙏

You don’t need it. It’s just a comfort factor for some people (including me) just see that a specific car has been alllocated and on a ship.

If you’ve been notified by Tesla that a car has been assigned, on a vessel, and given delivery dates range that’s really all you need.

Knowing the VIN before Tesla provide registration documents and/or invoice doesn’t give you anything more.

We just need to be patient now! 🙏
Thanks, patience… that’s is the bit I am struggling with… it’s really testing my patience.. I wanted it for my birthday but looks like I will be unlucky by a few weeks.. 😳🥴 but it will be worth the wait.

Reactions: elddum and dronus
how do you know which ship your assigned vehicle is on? Thanks.
Tesla should have sent you an email which vessel your car is on.

Having a VIN does not necessarily mean 100% the vehicle is on the way. I found out unfortunately that my VIN, which Tesla said was on Glovis Caravel, was not on the ship (through Vedaprime) so I am currently stuck in limbo trying to find out where my vehicle actually is.

Tesla advisors obviously have no idea so they kept saying its on the way but I am 99% sure my EDD is going to postpone because the vehicle is not on the ship.

Tesla should have sent you an email which vessel your car is on.

Having a VIN does not necessarily mean 100% the vehicle is on the way. I found out unfortunately that my VIN, which Tesla said was on Glovis Caravel, was not on the ship (through Vedaprime) so I am currently stuck in limbo trying to find out where my vehicle actually is.

Tesla advisors obviously have no idea so they kept saying its on the way but I am 99% sure my EDD is going to postpone because the vehicle is not on the ship.

My MY is ordered via lease so I don’t get any email from Telstra, while I have an Telstra account referred by my leaser so I still check the EDD and VIN. Does that mean I can’t check the vessel myself ?

I’ve got anther question. We know the MY has got a minor update in Sep when M3 Highland was released. One of the changes is the black wheel cover. However my car’s image in the app has still got a white wheel cover. Has anyone got a black wheel cover image for your MY in the app? The build date of the car assigned to me is Oct 2023 though so should made be after the announcement.

I’ve got anther question. We know the MY has got a minor update in Sep when M3 Highland was released. One of the changes is the black wheel cover. However my car’s image in the app has still got a white wheel cover. Has anyone got a black wheel cover image for your MY in the app? The build date of the car assigned to me is Oct 2023 though so should made be after the announcement.
At this point the minor update is only for the left hand wheel cars for the Chinese market. No word on when this may be rolled out to other countries but I’m sure it will eventually

That car is only available in China so no, we won't.

it’s technically not my car as I’m ordering the car via my lease company but the lease company has created an account for me so I can use the app for the car as if I’m the owner. The account is under my name and my email address though.
With Novated Leases, that's not normally how it works - you order the Tesla, and then pass the invoice to the Novated Lease company - as you're the registered driver. I guess each Novated Lease company can devise their own process though.

Reactions: elddum and dronus
With Novated Leases, that's not normally how it works - you order the Tesla, and then pass the invoice to the Novated Lease company - as you're the registered driver. I guess each Novated Lease company can devise their own process though.
no, that’s not a novated lease but a salary packaging lease. So the car is not registered under my name but the lease company. I will need to return the car after the lease is expired.

This is how mine does it also. I ordered it and the NL company will just pay the invoice when I forward it. Everything is in my name. Seems to be pretty common.

Reactions: inexus and elddum
This is how mine does it also. I ordered it and the NL company will just pay the invoice when I forward it. Everything is in my name. Seems to be pretty common.
Same here… there is a separate thread on leasing which I think most have expressed the same… very different from how it used to be!