Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, looks like it's being moved back to Point Cartwright up near the Sunshine Coast where it sat for days before heading into port. Seems like a bad sign, although Port Kembla is now showing an updated arrival time of Thursday at 8am, so there's hope...

Increasingly convinced it's not going to arrive before I head overseas for a month 😕
Same here, I'm heading off next week and back last week of Nov. Hopefully they allow me to pick up by then instead of asking someone else to do it.

Hi, it's confirmed Glovis Caravel will arrive at Port Kembla on the 1st of November at 8 am and will depart on the 2nd of November at 3pm. So Sydney deliveries should start on the 16th of November (depending on where you're picking up from" I've heard Chatswood and Parramatta will have a delayed delivery, starting near the 20th of November.

Hi, it's confirmed Glovis Caravel will arrive at Port Kembla on the 1st of November at 8 am and will depart on the 2nd of November at 3pm. So Sydney deliveries should start on the 16th of November (depending on where you're picking up from" I've heard Chatswood and Parramatta will have a delayed delivery, starting near the 20th of November.
Just checked, it’s now arriving at Port Kembla on Tue 7-Nov

Reactions: MrMister and xerb
I see lots of information about EDD and delays with some specific ships. How do I get this information for my vehicle - currently showing as late November to early Dec EST delivery on the app?
Have you been advised by Tesla a vehicle is assigned to you and which vessel it is on? This will tell you which vessel you can look at. There are plenty of earlier posts in this thread on where/how to check where the vessel is, and many of us also share updates. It's all about finding info, bringing it together and making loosely informed guess. The real thing will be what Tesla provide in terms of date estimate, and then delivery date.

Have you been provided a VIN and or rego papers to complete from Tesla? I think most on both Glovis Caravel and Morning Cello would have this, but maybe not.

Just speculation, but if you have that date range and it hasn't changed at all for you in the last couple of days, as your in Melbourne I'd guess yours is on Morning Cello. Just a guess tho.

For those interested in Morning Cello, latest I can see from the ports websites:

1) Current position (at 20:41 AEDT 31Oct) approx. 70nm NE of Brisbane. ( MarineTraffic )
2) Scheduled to arrive Brisbane (Fishermans Island 1) approx. 6am 1 November ( QLD TMR )
3) Scheduled to depart Brisbane (Fishermans Island 1) for Port Kembla approx. 5am 2 November ( QLD TMR )
4) Plan to arrive Port Kembla (107) approx. 9am 2 November ( NSW Port Authority )
5) Plan to depart Port Kembla (107) approx. 9am 3 November ( NSW Port Authority )

Armacup ( Armacup - Asia to Oceana Schedule ) still have the published schedule as:
1698748922753.png

So, although the arrival is later into Brisbane than planned, if luck is our way and if the ports are to be believed, it could arrive Port Kembla earlier (I live in infinite hope!) Let's hope it doesn't get the hold up Glovis Caravel has had in Brisbane.

The above is all my personal view and best guess from what I can see on the linked sites. Enjoy for how it may help you. Good luck!... and patience o_O

Last edited:
and for those interested in Glovis Caravel, looks like it has been sent back out to Port Cartwright Anchorage ( QLD TMR ) with nothing else scheduled in Brisbane... to wait for before coming back to port to finish unload? and Port Kembla is showing they plan for it to arrive approx 8am 7 Nov ( NSW Port Authority ).

1698750355344.png
1698750513778.png

😭 (in sympathy - hoping Morning Cello doesn't face the same fate)

Reactions: MrMister