Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should have received an email from Tesla advising when a vehicle was assigned and what ship it was on.

Our RWD MY is on Glovis Caravel and showed up in RAV today.
EDD for ours in Melb is still showing as Nov 14 - Dec 5.
I'm on Glovis too with a Melb delivery. VIN showed up in RAV today too. My EDD is still Nov 19 to Dec 10 (and has been for several weeks). Given Glovis needs to sit out a ~4 week quarantine window before it goes back into Brisbane (or heads to Port Kembla) I don't expect to receive my MY RWD until late Dec or even Jan 2024.

I'm on Glovis too with a Melb delivery. VIN showed up in RAV today too. My EDD is still Nov 19 to Dec 10 (and has been for several weeks). Given Glovis needs to sit out a ~4 week quarantine window before it goes back into Brisbane (or heads to Port Kembla) I don't expect to receive my MY RWD until late Dec or even Jan 2024.
Is it confirmed the quarantine period is 4 weeks?

Looks like the Glovis Caravel has scheduled for a "ship to ship transfer" on 8th November, as per TMR QLD's latest update. Then, the Port Authority NSW is saying it'll arrive at Port Kembla on the 10th and depart for Melbourne the same day. If all this is on the level, then it seems they've sorted out the stink bug drama.

1699351001157.png

1699351025938.png

Reactions: MrMister
Looks like the Glovis Caravel has scheduled for a "ship to ship transfer" on 8th November, as per TMR QLD's latest update. Then, the Port Authority NSW is saying it'll arrive at Port Kembla on the 10th and depart for Melbourne the same day. If all this is on the level, then it seems they've sorted out the stink bug drama.

View attachment 988581
Oh that QLD update is new from when I checked 3 hours ago. I've been that idiot tracking madly (I also track my Auspost haha). I wonder if that means the cars are going onto another ship and Glovis stays in Brisbane?

Love the tracking shapes GC is making out at sea for the past week 😂. Like others I’ve got the RAV record created as of today as well. No change for EDD for Sydney 16NOV-07DEC. Would be very happy to get it even a week or two past the window.

Oh that QLD update is new from when I checked 3 hours ago. I've been that idiot tracking madly (I also track my Auspost haha). I wonder if that means the cars are going onto another ship and Glovis stays in Brisbane?

Regarding ship to ship transfer, it is more likely that another vessel takes over the cargo destined for Brisbane, allowing the Glovis Caravel to proceed with its next stop without docking.

Reactions: braker27
Just to party poop a bit, the QLD ports site only says Glovis is being moved to "Ship to ship Transfer Anchorage #1", which is a location just off Fisherman Island. Presumably something is going to happen there, but it might not necessarily be a transfer. Could be that that's where they plan to do a fumigation or inspection.

Currently there are no other ships scheduled to head to that anchorage, but something might pop up in the next day or two.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 10.19.43 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 10.19.43 pm.png
    26 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 10.26.27 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 10.26.27 pm.png
    353.8 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: MrMister
Regarding ship to ship transfer, it is more likely that another vessel takes over the cargo destined for Brisbane, allowing the Glovis Caravel to proceed with its next stop without docking.
I think that’s just the name of the anchorage point it’s moving to and doesn’t imply that a transfer of cargo will take place - moving cars between ships at sea doesn’t strike me as being efficient or practical. I don’t see any other ships listed as moving to/from that anchorage point in the next 7 days.
My guess is it’s a temporary move within the port’s area of control, and may/may not involve refueling, resupply or movement of crew.
Good news is that it appears to be on the move though…

Reactions: xerb and Kevin Li
The GC news is interesting. Perhaps we will get delivery on the tail end of our EDD or shortly afterwards? Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I need that car soon. I just closed the deal on my old car sale last night and she'll be gone by this weekend.

ordered MS MY LR with Induction wheels on 11th September with Sept-Nov delivery estimate. Just had car assigned to me today. with estimated delivery in Adelaide Dec 19th - Jan 9th.
Assume its on Don Juan scheduled to leave 6th Nov. No advice from Tesla yet apart from app update and Vin appearing in source code. Shared FYI

Reactions: dronus
ordered MS MY LR with Induction wheels on 11th September with Sept-Nov delivery estimate. Just had car assigned to me today. with estimated delivery in Adelaide Dec 19th - Jan 9th.
Assume its on Don Juan scheduled to leave 6th Nov. No advice from Tesla yet apart from app update and Vin appearing in source code. Shared FYI
Keep us in the loop on its progress and which port it gets unloaded at etc if you dont mind. Im obsessing over how my m3HL is going to make its way to rAdelaide aswell :)