Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might not be the relevant thread .. but for those NSW based and awaiting orders on Glovis Caravel .. do you know if we would still qualify for the EV Rebate if we get the car in 2024 (assuming worst case scenario) since the rebate is due to end 31/12/23?
Yes, it’s covered in this article near the bottom.

More updates for us Glovis Caravel enjoyers. It's disappeared again from the QLD ports schedule (no more transfer to the ship to ship anchorage), and Port Kembla arrival moved back four days to Nov 14.

It's currently in the 'Vessels at Berth' section of the QLD ports website.

1699445054508.jpeg

This might not mean anything, but a few days ago I got an email from my NL company (LeasePlan) advising of a change to my contract: moving the delivery date from 30 November to 21 November.. citing the reason as "vehicle in transit to dealership".

Car definitely on the Glovis Caravel, which is definitely still drifting out at sea, and no change to my estimated delivery date on app (Nov 16-Dec 7). So unless LeasePlan/Tesla is privy to new/secret shipping information, I think it may just be an automated email triggered by some junk data.

Thought I'd share in case someone needs a little ray of hope today of getting their car before xmas.

This might not mean anything, but a few days ago I got an email from my NL company (LeasePlan) advising of a change to my contract: moving the delivery date from 30 November to 21 November.. citing the reason as "vehicle in transit to dealership".

Car definitely on the Glovis Caravel, which is definitely still drifting out at sea, and no change to my estimated delivery date on app (Nov 16-Dec 7). So unless LeasePlan/Tesla is privy to new/secret shipping information, I think it may just be an automated email triggered by some junk data.

Thought I'd share in case someone needs a little ray of hope today of getting their car before xmas.
From my dealings with LeasePlan they say they have zero communication with Tesla other than confirming they will pay and then paying.
A month after the end on my first EDD range LP called and asked if I had taken delivery yet! Clearly not as they hadn’t paid anything - they have no clue.

Reactions: thecasualplaya
I called yesterday to ask the same thing and got told that the only way it could happen is if I cancelled the order and placed a new one.
They confirmed I would loose the $400 deposit and the $750 referral discount as it is now $350.
I just called back and spoke to someone who was a bit more willing to listen.
They advised that it is normally not done but given the circumstances, they would run it up the flagpole and see if there is another vehicle available and can be assigned..

The only downside is that a new finance application may be needed if there is a new order number.
2 credit pulls in less than 30 days could be interesting and may be the deal breaker.

If I can get one sooner, great.
I am also happy to wait if that's what's needed.

I just called back and spoke to someone who was a bit more willing to listen.
They advised that it is normally not done but given the circumstances, they would run it up the flagpole and see if there is another vehicle available and can be assigned..

The only downside is that a new finance application may be needed if there is a new order number.
2 credit pulls in less than 30 days could be interesting and may be the deal breaker.

If I can get one sooner, great.
I am also happy to wait if that's what's needed.
My order number didn't change, just a new vin number. So you shouldnt have a to do a new finance application

I had to wait to the following morning for my final invoice after my VIN was assigned.
Thanks. I got the SMS from Tesla this morning, and I can see the "Application for Vehicle Registration" in my account, but no final invoice yet. They say they'll let me know.
==> A Model Y has been assigned to your order and is currently in transit to Australia on the DON JUAN vessel.

Vehicles Carrier DON JUAN is currently located at JAPAN - East China Sea (reported 3 hours, 49 minutes ago)

Looking at the last trip, the same boat hit Melbourne 16 days after it hit Brisbane, which is currently estimated 17/11, so Melbourne should be about 3/12. Roughly how long is it from arrival at Melbourne until ready for pickup?
Yep I got the same email, So 10th Dec is a good estimate based on the last trip.

I assume this is not a cancelation then as its a new shipment.