Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the ongoing Cyber attack which is impacting imports/exports; does any one know what happens to cars which have already arrived and are parked in the port premises?
Will they allow these new vehicles to leave to their respective distribution centres? Or With the Cyber attack, every things is closed???

I've read a few news articles and there are no information relating to the above questions.....
Don't take this as gospel, but from what I've read, the most affected area was the container handling...so really couldn't see there being an issue with vehicles...unless they are manifested by the same shipping companies....
I want to be optimistic 😁

Reactions: Rozzz
Don't take this as gospel, but from what I've read, the most affected area was the container handling...so really couldn't see there being an issue with vehicles...unless they are manifested by the same shipping companies....
I want to be optimistic 😁
Exactly what I thought as well. Hopefully it impacts only container movements.

I can tell one thing though, I've purchased a lot of cars in past; never has there been a time where I had to wait anxiously for a new car apart for my MY now 🙃

Reactions: Boldar
Even if it was, they're the one that organised and has the commercial relationship with the transporter.
Slightly OT but I had a similar interaction with a rubbish haulage company once.

I was driving down the road when a large piece of metal came out of a dumpster loaded on their truck and just missed my car.
I called them to complain, a simple “sorry we will try better” would have placated me as I wasn’t out for vengeance, but their reply shocked me..
“We don’t load the trucks so we are not responsible for things falling off them”
I suggested that the driver of the truck is indeed responsible for driving on the road with an insecure load, pretty sure there are laws about that kind of thing. The call taker was a pain in the butt for no reason so I reported the rego of the truck to the police and offered the dashcam footage.
Long story short, that piece of metal caused an accident later and the report and footage was helpful.
Long story short - while they will try and get of their obligations, if the Tesla was spoiled or damaged by the last mile carrier, you are spot on, this should be remedied!

Slightly OT but I had a similar interaction with a rubbish haulage company once.

I was driving down the road when a large piece of metal came out of a dumpster loaded on their truck and just missed my car.
I called them to complain, a simple “sorry we will try better” would have placated me as I wasn’t out for vengeance, but their reply shocked me..
“We don’t load the trucks so we are not responsible for things falling off them”
I suggested that the driver of the truck is indeed responsible for driving on the road with an insecure load, pretty sure there are laws about that kind of thing. The call taker was a pain in the butt for no reason so I reported the rego of the truck to the police and offered the dashcam footage.
Long story short, that piece of metal caused an accident later and the report and footage was helpful.
Long story short - while they will try and get of their obligations, if the Tesla was spoiled or damaged by the last mile carrier, you are spot on, this should be remedied!
Yep. But the only way to force the matter is small claims court. There can be a substantial gap between what a company should do and what you can realistically force them to do.
I really like driving EVs and there are good and bad things about the different makes and models. Tesla as a company can go suck it, though.

Reactions: dronus
Hopefully it's not outdated but it looks like it's heading to PK tomorrow and then leaving for Melb the next day.

Capture.JPG

It's a long story that I have told before in this thread, but the car was delivered to my house. It is very hard to do anything after the truck leaves, and as I said, Tesla didn't care. From previous people's descriptions, I had expected to be able to check the car and let them know about any problems, and that they would take appropriate action. From their point of view, and they may be right for all I know, the damage was done by the transporter. Therefore they don't care. I wasn't willing to take them to small claims court over it. It's a good warning that you should take delivery at a delivery centre and check everything before accepting delivery. Or just buy a different brand of car.
I've always found Tesla very responsive to fixing issues with delivered cars. My own experience and plenty others. My wife works in car industry (another brand) and just cause its a "new car" doesn't mean anything to its condition when your car arrives cause "stuff happens", not unusual to have cars resprayed, repaired before you see it. But yeah Tesla do fix stuff and make right as far as I've seen. So definately report it if you see something shortly after delivery.

Reactions: Jules22
I've always found Tesla very responsive to fixing issues with delivered cars. My own experience and plenty others. My wife works in car industry (another brand) and just cause its a "new car" doesn't mean anything to its condition when your car arrives cause "stuff happens", not unusual to have cars resprayed, repaired before you see it. But yeah Tesla do fix stuff and make right as far as I've seen. So definately report it if you see something shortly after delivery.
I did report it.

Yeah I’ve been waiting for so long that until I see movements of the ship itself, I’m just excepting for ‘updates’ to be delayed.

There’s also enough of us on here waiting for the Glovis that we can prob tow that ship south ourselves.

It appears that GC might have departed from the "ship to ship transfer anchorage #1" area and could be heading to a different location. Does this seem like a promising development?