Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, starting to get a little excited now :)

1700032937007.png

• Funny
Reactions: inexus
Just did some googling and noticed Glovis has now docked in Brisbane and is scheduled to dock in Port Kembla NSW on Saturday morning before heading to Melbourne … I have had delivery date updated to 11 Dec to 1 Jan but surely we would be getting our cars before then ?

I’d query that as I’m pretty sure the process shouldn’t start until you have taken delivery of the car.
Quite frankly, I can’t see how SG Fleet (CBA) will loan money and not expect payment\ interest to be due starting from the payment date. All loans function that way.

This is all Tesla’s fault, it makes no sense that my scheduled delivery is almost a month after receiving the “your vehicle has arrived in Australia” message.

This is the second Tesla I’ve purchased in a month and both times the experience has been woeful. Not looking forward to discover what the after sales experience is like.

Last edited:
Just did some googling and noticed Glovis has now docked in Brisbane and is scheduled to dock in Port Kembla NSW on Saturday morning before heading to Melbourne … I have had delivery date updated to 11 Dec to 1 Jan but surely we would be getting our cars before then ?
The Port Kembla I would take with a grain of salt as they’ve just been doing a standard four day but at least GC isn’t in the middle of the ocean…

Reactions: Kevin Li
Hopefully we all get it before Christmas! Does anyone know once they're cleared at Brisbane about biosecurity, it will just unload at Sydney next stop right? Assuming that, if it arrives in Sydney 18-20th Nov as planned, hopefully Sydney can expect delivery in early Dec.

I'm not with SG Fleet so i cant comment on there practice but usually payment is only done to the car dealer a few days or the day before collection,
I Activated my Settlement now as the loan interest rate was going to increase on the 14th so i wanted to get in Earlier, I Usually keep my cars at the end of the loan term and give it to my family getting rid of the oldest car we own.

The Loan Repayments for my lease are deferred by a month or 2 so for a 3 year (36month) lease the loan repayments are 34 or 35 months so the leasing company has funds in my Account to cover other payments at the start of the lease.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think the Bulk Terminal is where it gets inspected. The cars gets unloaded in Fisherman Island terminal.

View attachment 990960
I think you’re right. From memory it docked west of the bridge for 8 days, then was at Fisherman Island for half a day or so, then we all know where is been for the last 3 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_9558.png
    IMG_9558.png
    360.8 KB · Views: 18