Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reckon it's unloading cars.

"The Grain Berth can accommodate some car carrier vessels. This berth can be used for motor vehicles when available and suitable for the vessel. Heavy loads in excess of 90t require PBPL’s approval to transit to wharves 1-10 at Fisherman Islands."
- https://www.portbris.com.au/operations-and-trade/port-facilities/berths-and-terminals

And it's currently moored at the sugar terminal according to MarineTraffic, which per the Port of Brisbane website is the: "Grain/cottonseed/sugar terminal (GrainCorp)"

Hopefully that means it's not too long now for everyone!!

Reactions: phaz
Not at Fisherman terminal yet. Not sure when. But is moored here awaiting stink bug inspection I guess.

View attachment 991122
@IshallK Yes, that's the Bulk Terminal shown in Kevin's screenshot (for ship biosecurity inspections and fumigation if infested - as I understand). Car off-loading happens at Fisherman Island. Use Google maps to see location of both docks.

Here's a map...
1700135483027.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Li
One thing I noticed and I am sure alot have. These consultants are Tesla Sales Advisors. They are not "Sales". They do not get commission whether you buy or cancel therefore, they have no need to take any bullshit when it comes to customer service.

Obviously part of their job is to ensure customer satisfaction but having to yell at one, knowing this is a AUSTRALIA BIOSECURITY MEASURE and not Tesla, is just pure ignorance on that customer part.

I think they can do better with their VIN allocation for sure. They should really change their system to assign/allocate when the vehicle is in the country instead of from China. This will solve all this waiting problem. GC vehicles can just sit offshore for 6 months and it will not impact others. Especially if 3 ships have now come and gone and GC was the 1st to arrive.
I’m not a sales person myself but work with customers. I can guarantee you that if something goes wrong on one of my engagements, even if it’s the customers fault, there will be a lot of yelling by the customer.

Maybe it isn’t the sales advisors fault but Tesla definitely has issues with their processes and the scripted out responses by their staff aren’t going to calm customers down.

That being said, after reading Musks biography, I don’t think customer sentiment ranks highly within the corporate culture.

Last edited:
I’m not a sales person myself but work with customers. I can guarantee you that if something goes wrong on one of my engagements, even if it’s the customers fault, there will be a lot of yelling by the customer.

Maybe it isn’t the sales advisors fault but Tesla definitely has issues with their processes and the scripted out responses by their staff aren’t going to calm customers down.

That being said, after reading Musks biography, I don’t think customer sentiment ranks highly within the corporate culture.
It depends on the person I guess.
In my experience if something is frustrating that is exactly the time to not try and resolve it. Take a few breaths, sleep on it or go yell at a tree. All people deserve to be treated with respect and compassion. The person is yelling at someone’s son or daughter for no net result and they are the ones that need to control themself while they feel wronged or a victim.
Even if something is obviously wrong, having a respectful, constructive conversation will nearly always yield a better result.
The Tesla staff person is not a disposable object that’s there to take abuse, it’s very disrespectful and the situation isn’t their fault personally so I guess treat people as you would like to be treated is my rambling message haha.

In my experience if something is frustrating that is exactly the time to not try and resolve it. Take a few breaths, sleep on it or go yell at a tree. All people deserve to be treated with respect and compassion. The person is yelling at someone’s son or daughter for no net result and they are the ones that need to control themself while they feel wronged or a victim.
Even if something is obviously wrong, having a respectful, constructive conversation will nearly always yield a better result.
The Tesla staff person is not a disposable object that’s there to take abuse, it’s very disrespectful and the situation isn’t their fault personally so I guess treat people as you would like to be treated is my rambling message haha.
Yeah, I’m not condoning the yelling but I understand the anger. I’m quite upset given the circumstances but it hasn’t resulted in me screaming at anyone.

It would serve no purpose because the person I’d be screaming at is too low in the chain of command to have contributed toward the issues or be in a position to solve it.

That doesn’t excuse poor service either. I’ll reserve my scathing remarks for the survey that gets sent out after delivery.

Spot On

1700170412064.png

If you look back at the Original docking the vessel went from the Bulk Terminal direct to Fisherman Island,
My Hope would be that they have now finished whatever they needed to do in Brisbane and will be on the way down to Port Kembla,
so if the GC is still in Brisbane tonight then its not going to get to Kembla by Sunday Morning. I'm going to remain Hopeful at this stage

The Company i work for we import and export a lot of Freight and Every year we have Vessel Delays and Container Fumigation depending on were the freight has come from. This is actually a Common issue at this time of year its just 80%+ of them we don't hear about.
Do you mind telling us how long the vessels are usually delayed for, this would be very helpful in giving us a realistic idea on when our cars would be unloading

Do you mind telling us how long the vessels are usually delayed for, this would be very helpful in giving us a realistic idea on when our cars would be unloading
For Containers usually only 1 or 2 weeks but this is for individual containers as they dont Fumigate the vessesl as far as im aware, Im not sure why it takes them a month to Fumigate a car carrier, Maybe there a bit more careful on how its done or they use different Chemicals.

For Containers usually only 1 or 2 weeks but this is for individual containers as they dont Fumigate the vessesl as far as im aware, Im not sure why it takes them a month to Fumigate a car carrier, Maybe there a bit more careful on how its done or they use different Chemicals.
Ahh makes sense, my guess on why they took a month is due to Australias biosecurity Laws being very strict, a private vessel carrier failed inspection 3 times then had to go back to its country, instead of taking the time and spending the money they dumped the cars in the ocean, hoping that doesn't happen here.