Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don Juan is expected to reach Brisbane on 18/11. Given the nature of situation for GC, hoping that GC reached Melbourne before Don Juan.

So not a sign of a few more weeks of waiting?
Could be. Perhaps it was a 'halfway' time point inspection (after two weeks). Or maybe a second application of fumigant. Or maybe it's just waiting it's turn to dock at fisherman's island. Who knows.

The list of planned movements to Fisherman island Wharf 1 (vehicle unloading area) have about 5-6 ships in queue over the next 5 days. GC is not one of them, needless to say.

Could be. Perhaps it was a 'halfway' time point inspection (after two weeks). Or maybe a second application of fumigant. Or maybe it's just waiting it's turn to dock at fisherman's island. Who knows.

The list of planned movements to Fisherman island Wharf 1 (vehicle unloading area) have about 5-6 ships in queue over the next 5 days. GC is not one of them, needless to say.
This is the sort of clarification that we need from Tesla. Tesla should obtain that from the shipping company. This is that I feel Tesla is lacking

Hey guys, this may not be the right forum, but it speaks to customer service. I'm in the market for an EV and with the issues you are facing and the recent announcement that MG won car of the year I'm wondering which way to go.... seeing as most of you haven't actually driven your Tesla's yet I'm not asking for a product review.
By the way, I have an extremely close friend that is involved in the PCC industry at a National Level so feel free to shoot me some questions if you like and I can get some clarification for you.
Not sure what you're asking for, but if it helps: I regret buying when I did (and not just because of the delay). If NL finance wasn't already finalised, I would have cancelled.

My suggestion would be to wait until 2024, if you can, and reassess then.

If you decide to go with Tesla, you will at the least probably get a 2024-built model, and maybe even with some upgraded tech...

...and at this rate, probably get it before we get our stinky 2023 salt encrusted ones...:)

Has it only been 2 weeks? 😭 feels like an eternity already

Reactions: vector_X
My Date has just been Updated to December 11 - Jan 1 for a Sydney Pickup,
Novated Lease Settled and Insurance Done so i don't think they could change the Car to another one that easily

You would think Shipping companies like this would do a Better Job of Checking and dealing with these issues on the way to Australia so they didn't have to sit around for a Month Especially at this time of Year when the Stick Bugs are an issue.

Roughly two weeks since the first time it was sent out to sea (October 31). Before that it spent about 9 days aimlessly moored at fisherman's and the bulk terminal. So really since October 22 - so approaching a month all up.

Unrelated: Looks like you got your charger installed! I should really get moving on that... Did you need additional circuits or three phase?

Reactions: Kevin Li
Not sure what you're asking for, but if it helps: I regret buying when I did (and not just because of the delay). If NL finance wasn't already finalised, I would have cancelled.

My suggestion would be to wait until 2024, if you can, and reassess then.

If you decide to go with Tesla, you will at the least probably get a 2024-built model, and maybe even with some upgraded tech...

...and at this rate, probably get it before we get our stinky 2023 salt encrusted ones...:)
Some states stamp duty concessions and rebates end on 31st December so have to order by end of the year to save a few grand. But yes could have waited and would have got the cars at the same time or earlier. Just our luck with Stinkship. Don’t think it’s got enough salt crust on it just yet needs a few more weeks at sea to season up properly 👌🏽

Screenshot_20231117-175729_Chrome.jpg

Maybe this will come in time less stinky.

Reactions: cnotoham
Roughly two weeks since the first time it was sent out to sea (October 31). Before that it spent about 9 days aimlessly moored at fisherman's and the bulk terminal. So really since October 22 - so approaching a month all up.

Unrelated: Looks like you got your charger installed! I should really get moving on that... Did you need additional circuits or three phase?
👌🏽 yes I got the Tesla Wallbox charger put in while waiting. Yes need a three phase circuit breaker installed from the switch board. I had already run a three phase cable to the garage when it was built. I wired up an isolator switch and circuited the wallbox myself (thanks YouTube) as the cable was already in, so no messy exposed conduits. Tested it all and all works fine from the Wifi and settings phone… just need a car to charge now

Reactions: thecasualplaya