Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's hope the vehicles themselves don't need cleaning.. otherwise that can add even more delay after they are unloaded:

also - the GC is the only ship at Point Cartwright that doesn't have a scheduled departure or movement. Not looking good despite what some people here are saying about having 'insider' information. No evidence to suggest GC is moving anywhere anytime soon, I'm afraid.

I'm more annoyed at my novated leasing company for commencing the contract prior to delivery (they already paid the full invoice to Tesla??) - essentially locking me and meaning cancelling is not an option.
View attachment 992134
Swap the order of your last 2 posts....it'll then be truly relevant....o_O

I'm more annoyed at my novated leasing company for commencing the contract prior to delivery (they already paid the full invoice to Tesla??) - essentially locking me and meaning cancelling is not an option.
I'm the same here. NL has now fully financed and paid for the car and my payments start next week. I'll be calling to talk to them about that. I can't cancel now as that breaks the lease agreement, so the only option is to play the waiting game.

I'm the same here. NL has now fully financed and paid for the car and my payments start next week. I'll be calling to talk to them about that. I can't cancel now as that breaks the lease agreement, so the only option is to play the waiting game.
If your NL company has not paid, then is there the option of changing the order with Tesla? Has anyone been successful with Tesla assigning an earlier car for you and still keeping the $400 deposit and $750 referral bonus?

The mystery continues....
1700460863104.png

These seem like they are just placeholders that AAT tentatively put in to manage workloads. Wouldn't take too much notice...

Now... does anyone know how I can self-exclude myself from this website and everything shipping related for at least a week?
😂 you can try, but it’s an addiction until you see GC Stinkship finally dock at PK

The mystery continues....
View attachment 992155
Oh my goodness, this is just crazy! I really wish Tesla or somebody would share more info with us for what is going on. Having such a big container ship being idle for weeks can't be cheap for the company. They could have gone to China and back again twice in the period it has been hanging around Brisbane.

For people on a NL how are they going to ask them to transfer money if Tesla sends them a message around the Christmas days... I wonder if Tesla will do anything extra over that period to have more workers to come to work.

Reactions: Kevin Li
Hi guys, some very bad news got to me, Fisherman's Island rejected the completion of the Glovis Caravel for now. The GC will roam around in the ocean for another 7 days till it can be approved for unloading again. The GC will also arrive in Port Kembla near the 10th of December, which our deliveries will most likely start late December Early January in mind with the 4 day no import policy to dealerships because of Christmas. I will look ahead for more information. Thanks
Do you have any update from the guy you know?

I'd still like to know if the fumigation (chemical spray) will impact the health of humans riding in the car (once we get it off McStinky). I'll try and do a Google search for some health info.
If you Google "stink bug" you'll find dozens of articles. The bug attacks some 300 crops, including citrus fruit trees.

Fumigation of cargo vessels uses these chemicals (ref The Ultimate Stink Bug Season Guide [2022/23 Update] | International Cargo Express):
  • Sulfuryl Fluoride Fumigation
  • Methyl Bromide Fumigation
  • Heat treatment
This article from the Aust Gov almost has some important information https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecurity-trade/import/before/brown-marmorated-stink-bugs NZ Gov also has the same / similar treatment process https://www.mpi.govt.nz/dmsdocument/30212/direct

Once the bug is in our country and impacting our crops, this article covers multiple methods you can use at home / in your garden, including natural and pesticide/insecticide treatment. 5 Ways to Kill a Stink Bug - wikiHow

When we get our Tesla's, I suspect there is no guarantee that a stink bug might have survived in your car somewhere (most likely the undercarriage). Given these bugs can fly, I guess I'll have to be vidulant and check my garage/house/garden for the pest and use the natural soapy-water method of killing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: vector_X