Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my current rates & cost with Amber per month.
View attachment 991961
My first month at Ovo was just under $50…

My consumption is really geared toward minimising grid consumption though, only time it spikes it when I charge the ev.

On non overcast days when I’m not charging the ev, my house load is 30-40kwh but my grid load is 4-6kwh. Solar feed in is between 20 and 40 kWh.

Last edited:
Thanks for the new info. So this delay has got nothing to do with Stink bugs anymore? Let us all know if you hear anything about GC moving directly to Port Kembla instead. The arrival dates for PK has constantly shifted, I hope it can come, but I wouldn’t take 23rd as any confirmation. What else can go wrong?
Coming out in a cinema near you -

Stink Bugs 2 - Glovis's Revenge

I've switched to Amber a couple of weeks ago and so far it's EARNED me a little over $50, plus they've given me another $19 credit for a slight issue they had one night (cost me about a dollar in earnings and I didn't even ask for a credit, just woke up to find a sorry email for something I didn't even notice) plus another $30 referral credit. So in all I'm in profit almost $100 already, not even considering what I would be paying another supplier.

I'm VERY happy with them. Note I have a Tesla Powerwall though, so I'm able to shift my usage to take full advantage of arbitrage opportunities etc.

Also most days have significant periods of 0c/kw or even -1, -2c/kw where I'll be able to take full advantage and charge my car once it arrives.

Last edited:
Reactions: vector_X and dronus
Hi guys, I have some great news, last message I sent, i said the GC was rejected from Fisherman’s Island. I have just received a document which states the GC has completed its stay at fisherman’s and is making its way to Port Kembla on the 21/11/2023

Attachments

• IMG_4131.jpeg
    IMG_4131.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4130.jpeg
    IMG_4130.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 18
Hi guys, I have some great news, last message I sent, i said the GC was rejected from Fisherman’s Island. I have just received a document which states the GC has completed its stay at fisherman’s and is making its way to Port Kembla on the 21/11/2023
Hmmm my interpretation of that is that it was going to be completed on 23rd unloading. I assume PK is an estimate as even on the port website it says 23rd for PK.

What? Huh? Mate you are killing me here🤣 riding an emotions roller coaster. I didn’t see GC track into Fisherman’s and now it’s just hanging off the coast, still got it’s name listed on the Brisbane berth schedule… I really hope the latest info is correct and on the move to PK.

Reactions: vector_X