Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So… some of us sold our cars when the ships was allocated and confirmed as being on its way.

Guess I’m going to figure out the trains network for a while.
Yup, did the same and sold on the 16th Nov. Thankfully my kind, caring, lovely wife has leant me her Suzi Swift to get to work. It isn't gonna cut the mustard for our Christmas road trip though. Just a real stinky situation.

BTW, it never said our delivery window is getting pushed back, it just stated its getting "Updated". Also DAFF is the last procedure before berthing, they tell you when quarantining is over and when the ship can come at a terminal. Hopefully its not pushed back.

I also talked with a Tesla employee and they said the bugs aren't on our Model Y's, they're on the M3 Highland Demos. He also said they will try their best to get our cars to us before Christmas.

Reactions: MrMister
- There is no car available in my chosen spec, but I have been offered a silver car with white interior. My order is blue with black. My wife does not want that, so I'm stuck. Happy wife happy life.
Good choice. Silver w/ white is a bit of a weird combo (no offence to whoever ordered it). Besides, do you really want to get a car earlier and leave us all behind?

I'm sure going to miss this thread, I might look at designing a bumper sticker to commemorate the GC experience once the car eventually gets here.

I called Tesla as well but didn't get as far.. nothing offered and no other information other than what's already been provided. So over it.

I am thinking of cancelling my order and selling following items I purchased in anticipation of receiving delivery before Xmas.

Gen 3 Connector ($750)
Mobile Charger ($550)
Set of Floor Mats (6 pieces) ($250)
Black Wheel Covers ($400)
Mud Flaps ($77)
Screen Protector ($50)
and a couple of hundred grey hair

Can’t decide…. Not sure what to do.

I am thinking of cancelling my order and selling following items I purchased in anticipation of receiving delivery before Xmas.

Gen 3 Connector ($750)
Mobile Charger ($550)
Mud Flaps ($77)
Screen Protector ($50)

Trust me, it is worth the wait. Some people on this ship had ordered their car in July and they still haven't gotten it.

BTW, it never said our delivery window is getting pushed back, it just stated its getting "Updated". Also DAFF is the last procedure before berthing, they tell you when quarantining is over and when the ship can come at a terminal. Hopefully its not pushed back.

I also talked with a Tesla employee and they said the bugs aren't on our Model Y's, they're on the M3 Highland Demos. He also said they will try their best to get our cars to us before Christmas.
I think you've gotta be a pretty positive person if you think the EDD is not going pushed out..

Also - not sure who you're speaking with (Tesla, ISS, AAT), but you seem to get a lot of detailed inside scoop. I've definitely just been given the short company policy whenever I spoke with anyone.

So… some of us sold our cars when the ships was allocated and confirmed as being on its way.

Guess I’m going to figure out the trains network for a while.
I am in the same boat, sold my car as I naively believed in their estimated delivery. They have just pushed the date from 1-22 December to 24 December - 14 January. I need to figure out the bus network since the closest train station is 40 mins on a walk.

Model 3 Highland demos have been spotted in Melbourne, unless those ones came on a different ship?

Gen 3 Connector ($750)
Mobile Charger ($550)
Mud Flaps ($77)
Screen Protector ($50)

Hold the line! Don't give up and leave us. The car will come, and you don't want to lose money on all those accessories as well as your order fee. Stay strong (or just ask for a reassignment)

talked to local Tesla advisor yesterday. they have no information. just wait for the government. nothing they can do, and nothing they will do, but wait. he said according to my EDD, still good chance i can get my car before xmas.

and today it got pushed out for another 23 days. i dont think most of us will get our new car this year. assuming a lot of ppl will have trouble collecting their car, since the EDD overlaps the holiday. I asked the Tesla advisor about the the situation. apparently you can either ask someone else to collect it or wait it to be cancelled by Tesla after 2 weeks. good services indeed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231122_115155_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231122_115155_Chrome.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 30
who did you msg? i talked to the advisor yesterday, and mentioned if it's possible to reassign a VIN for me, and got rejected straight away.
I sent a general message to the SMS number provided to me. As you can see, Mimi replied. I then spoke to a different person who I don't remember the name of, and they gave me the information I listed earlier. It seems that the message that swaps can occur is still going out to all reps. I speculate that this policy seems to have come in today.