Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep those were the exact same options offered to me. I was tempted to switch to get a car earlier but feel exactly the same way, why should I pay extra for options I don’t need or really want when it’s not our fault. Would you think there will be more inventory when DY unload its cars?

Hi Kevin.

I'm looking at your TWC picture. According to my sparky you have too many loops - you should have only 3 (that's what he did for me this morning when he installed mine). More than that and you risk (a) heating up the cable too much (if a short distance to your car's charge port), and (b) damaging the cable as it shouldn't be bent too much (but I disagreed somewhat because the TWC in the box it's delivered in has the cable wound even tighter). He's installed over 100 TWC's and has a 2020 M3 himself.

Thought I'd mention it just in case.

Reactions: Kevin Li
Hi Kevin.

I'm looking at your TWC picture. According to my sparky you have too many loops - you should have only 3 (that's what he did for me this morning when he installed mine). More than that and you risk (a) heating up the cable too much (if a short distance to your car's charge port), and (b) damaging the cable as it shouldn't be bent too much (but I disagreed somewhat because the TWC in the box it's delivered in has the cable wound even tighter). He's installed over 100 TWC's and has a 2020 M3 himself.

He would have a pretty big freak out if he saw mine!

IMG_7117.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: MrMister
Hi Kevin.

Thanks for noticing Mister, I’ll keep that in mind once my Glovis Stinkship MY can come home and charge👍

I too prefer the LFP. I couldn’t justify the extra cost of the long range. I don’t drive long distances, if it happens once a year then it’s a lot.
We do long distances, and the RWD variant has been great. So much so, that we’ve ordered another one (a Model Y). We’ve driven our Model 3 up to Cape Tribulation in Queensland and down to the Great Ocean Road in Victoria and everywhere in between. 50,000km in just over one year.

While we wait another few weeks months.... quite a nice video showing what our favourite container ship looks like inside :)

A 13 storey floating car park essentially. I had no idea how the cars were stowed in such a vessel. So great that you shared this. Thank you. I wonder how the cars (especially Tesla's) are tied down to prevent movement in rough seas? Tie-downs over the tyres perhaps?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if any of the good folk waiting on their Tesla in Melb would like to meet up one weekend once we've all got our Tesla's?? Would be great to come together and exchange thoughts, experience, mods, and view each others accessories, etc. If any one is interested perhaps message me and I'll compile an email group.

Reactions: BareFeetTom
I'm wondering if any of the good folk waiting on their Tesla in Melb would like to meet up one weekend once we've all got our Tesla's?? Would be great to come together and exchange thoughts, experience, mods, and view each others accessories, etc. If any one is interested perhaps message me and I'll compile an email group.
Haha, I'd be signing my will when I receive mine!

• Funny
Reactions: MrMister