Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turns out the car that I've recently been assigned to was on the Morning Cello which arrived to Port Kembla weeks ago (I thought it was on the Don Juan). Just got off the phone with Tesla to ask about scheduling delivery - they said the VIN transfer has been complete and it's initiated a request for logistics from PK to Alexandria (Sydney) - once the logistics has been scheduled to Alexandria then apparently the text goes out to the owner to schedule in a pickup. He said it could happen any day now.

He also mentioned there's another ship that's come in the meantime so there's apparently a lot of cars there.
Another one leaves the Stinkship watch. Which one did you end up choosing?

Also, this other ship, any more details? Perhaps I can attempt a swap again.

Actually now that I think about it, the Tesla rep Jacob said that they would have more news for us "in the next 24 hours". That call happened yesterday afternoon, and the Don Juan has now berthed at PK.

*Extremely hopeful speculation, they're doing their best to reassign cars for us from that shipment*

Reactions: dronus
Actually now that I think about it, the Tesla rep Jacob said that they would have more news for us "in the next 24 hours". That call happened yesterday afternoon, and the Don Juan has now berthed at PK.

*Extremely hopeful speculation, they're doing their best to reassign cars for us from that shipment*
That’s good to know. Do you know if Tesla will proactively reassign cars (wishfully thinking) or we have to chase them up to demand we get reassigned? In speaking to them before I thought all the inventory as on the Glovis and they had nothing left on these two other ships.

That’s good to know. Do you know if Tesla will proactively reassign cars (wishfully thinking) or we have to chase them up to demand we get reassigned? In speaking to them before I thought all the inventory as on the Glovis and they had nothing left on these two other ships.
To at least answer your question, it's both ways. People on this forum who had cars on the GC have had Tesla call them and reassign a car. This probably happens when their exact spec or very similar is available.
For the rest of us, we have to inquire ourselves. I know that there is a RWD Silver/White/19" and a Red/Black/20" both available in Sydney as that's what was offered to me.

To dash any hopes, I just got an SMS saying they had a look through the incoming inventory and no cars with my spec or similar are available.

I am FOREVER stuck on this f**** Stinkship. 🥳

The squeeky wheel gets the oil.
or in this case, the smelly ship gets the tesla

To at least answer your question, it's both ways. People on this forum who had cars on the GC have had Tesla call them and reassign a car. This probably happens when their exact spec or very similar is available.
For the rest of us, we have to inquire ourselves. I know that there is a RWD Silver/White/19" and a Red/Black/20" both available in Sydney as that's what was offered to me.

To dash any hopes, I just got an SMS saying they had a look through the incoming inventory and no cars with my spec or similar are available.

It might be quicker to just move onto the GC and live there. At least you might get to drive your car! Wonder if anything really does go in international waters?

I called Alexandria yesterday arvo (late) and the only option they gvae me was the siver/white/19.. :-(... I would have 'maybe' taken the red one (I realise it's extra $$), but it was probably already gone.

btw, those doing Novated don't qualify for the NSW 3k rebate anyway, so no issues with going over the threshold - thought I'd mention it as it has come up in a few posts earlier.
1700716378256.png

They are actually lashed down. There are a number of videos on youtube showing this, and also mentioned on the Hyundai Glovis website. The little circle things on the floor are D-clips to attach the lashings to. It would be very irresponsible to rely on the brakes out at sea.

Also, commercial shipping companies do NOT take smooth seas.. they take the route most economical.. as that is what it's all about. Lashing costs next to nothing compared to a longer route + extra crew time costs.

View attachment 993137
My original post was more about how the Tesla's are tied down given they don't have the typical tow/anchor points an ICE car has - hence why I was assuming the tyres are strapped?

Last edited: