Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny that. My EDD has been missing for a few days - literally had nothing. It's now back to the original 11 Dec - 1 Jan as of this morning. I guess they recovered my MY from the ocean.
Mines never changed once. Been dec 11 - Jan 1 the whole time.
So my car is stuck on the GC, i sms'd Tesla at lunch saying i was happy swap to a different colour if there car was on the Don Juan. 10mins later, got the call and swapped to a Midnight Sliver, black interior, induction wheels. my EDD is now 10-31 Dec. NL compnay updated the lesae agreement.

So if you are not set on a colour, might be worth a call to Tesla.

Good luck everyone!
what number are you sending the sms to?

0427 784 267 - Joel seems to be the guy that can do swaps.
Joel sounds like a nice guy, shame he's in Melbourne.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind swapping for the gray, but the only one on offer to us here in Sydney has a white interior - which my wife is fervently against.

She wasn't persuaded when I suggested that it wouldn't stay white for long, as we have two toddlers 🙃

Joel sounds like a nice guy, shame he's in Melbourne.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind swapping for the gray, but the only one on offer to us here in Sydney has a white interior - which my wife is fervently against.

She wasn't persuaded when I suggested that it wouldn't stay white for long, as we have two toddlers 🙃
Yes, we didnt want the white interior and to have the induction wheels.. Funniest thing was, he offered black car frist as it was the only thing available, wife wasnt keen on Black so i declined, then as i was about to hang up, the grey became available. WIth us, we've sold our family car, been borrowing cars from family members etc, it was all becoming painful. When i asked if there was an update on GC, he didnt have anything firm, it just solved so many issues for us to swap the colour.

Reactions: thecasualplaya
Yes, we didnt want the white interior and to have the induction wheels.. Funniest thing was, he offered black car frist as it was the only thing available, wife wasnt keen on Black so i declined, then as i was about to hang up, the grey became available. WIth us, we've sold our family car, been borrowing cars from family members etc, it was all becoming painful. When i asked if there was an update on GC, he didnt have anything firm, it just solved so many issues for us to swap the colour.
Yes I think in your situation you did the best thing. I hope you get it soon!

We're lucky that this is meant to be our second car - doing drop off and pick up is becoming a bit inconvenient (but not impossible) with a single car, so we're less inclined to change - especially if we have to pay extra $ for colour/extras we didn't want/need.

Enjoy the car, and next time you see a stink bug, remember us poor folk stuck here on these forums.

• Funny
Reactions: cacsmc
Ah, when I asked for any available stock to replacement my order, RWD Silver/Black/19in, I should've told him that I am happy with any other colour/spec. Well, too late now. Getting back into the spiral abyss of stinky buggy land.
Well do I have a car for you to swap to then 😏

1700805028205.png

So my car is stuck on the GC, i sms'd Tesla at lunch saying i was happy swap to a different colour if there car was on the Don Juan. 10mins later, got the call and swapped to a Midnight Sliver, black interior, induction wheels. my EDD is now 10-31 Dec. NL compnay updated the lesae agreement.

So if you are not set on a colour, might be worth a call to Tesla.

Good luck everyone!

Just phoned Tesla Melbourne (Richmond) to do the same. Spoke with Rex (very easy going guy - he said he's been dealing with the GC issue all day!). He said they have 3 Midnight Silver's potentially available, one of which has my preferred white seats and 20" induction wheels at Port Melbourne (must have come in via Morning Celo??). They will confirm on Monday if I can have it. Meanwhile I've emailed my NL company to see if they are ok with a colour and VIN swap. I forgot to ask Tesla if they'll be a price difference (because of the colour change). I'll probably hear from both NL and Tesla on Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: cacsmc
I asked my Lease Company to look at what is happening with my Model Y on the GC yesterday. I just got this back from them. They said they will 'monitor' going forward. Apparently they have a number of affected customers

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

LeasePlan has been advised of changes to this contract.

LeasePlan Purchase Order # XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Contract # XXXXXXXXXXXXX
LeasePlan Reference # XXXXXXXXXXX

Vehicle: Tesla Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive
Driver: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Delivery date change from 21/11/2023 to 27/12/2023

Reason for change: The delivery date has been amended due to delays at the overseas factory.

ETA to Tesla Service Centre: 24.12.2023

Kind regards,
Customer Service
LeasePlan Australia

I get the concern about maintenance but imo the model y looks the best in black.

Will be my first black car but the colour definitely makes the model y look less bulbous. I’m surprised that no one likes the midnight silver because that was my second choice.

White for me does not do the model y any favours and in terms red\ blue, those are colours I’d get tired of very quickly.

I would kill for the midnight cherry colour they have in Europe. That colour makes me drool.

Last edited:
Reactions: vector_X
I get the concern about maintenance but imo the model y looks the best in black.

Will be my first black car but the colour definitely makes the model y look less bulbous. I’m surprised that no one likes the midnight silver because that was my second choice.

White for me does not do the model y any favours and in terms red\ blue, those are colours I’d get tired of very quickly.

I would kill for the midnight cherry colour they have in Europe. That colour makes me drool.
Our last 3 cars have all been silver/grey. We initially ordered blue just to mix it up. Then Glovis Carval happened. And now we are back to resale grey.
agree the MN cherry is a awesome colour.

Reactions: Way69
Damn I looked at the Cherry colour and if that was offered here I'd 100% get that.
I'm a big fan of blue cars recently. My last car was a fantastic metallic blue, a bit lighter than Tesla's, with grey leather interior. I loved it.
I'm not the biggest fan of Tesla's blue but I just don't like the grey too much, white feels far too common and plain for my tastes (I've never had a white car) and I won't get black ever again after my first black car.
I went with Blue/Black on this order but have let Tesla know that if a Blue/white comes up I'm happy to swap.

Reactions: dronus and Way69