Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don Juan now heading back into the bay again, I wonder if it will stay in there this time ???
1701304336626.png

That doesnt match up with this.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document//FI%20R&D%20Schedule%2030-11-2023.pdf
What the hell is going on?
I have a feeling that this website not meant to be for public. It seems like for internal staff and they are a living documents, that is keeps getting updated. I wouldn't rely on these

If parking sensors are removed, it's uncertain whether they would still detect children in front of the car. If not, that would be quite concerning.
I don't think they should have removed the ultrasonic sensors, but they were never supposed to be a safety thing to detect people at driving speed. They were only ever for saving you from hitting objects at low speed while parking - the chimes come in when the objects are very close to the car and it doesn't automatically brake from them.

Just picked up my car this morning guys, and let me tell you - it’s totally worth the wait (although not as long as the GC enjoyers have been waiting). Really hoping everyone here gets behind the wheel VERY soon! It’s been a blast keeping on top of everything with the folks on this thread, made it a lot easier as a team - good luck folks!
Good luck and enjoy.

Reactions: phaz
Whilst we're waiting for the GC .. do any of you Y owners live in Apartments? If so, whats your charging strategy like?
I don't but I'm assuming you'll need to rely on public chargers. Or see if strata allows you to install / charge your car there if you have some form of garage.

There's a big thread here on whirlpool so you can read through some experiences

Reactions: purelycheap
View attachment 994881
GC back on the schedule. Albeit to a grain terminal, but at least it's doing something!
That's interesting. Let's hope for the best.
I sent an SMS to Tesla last night asking if I can change my order from MY RWD to LR AWD. I received a response back saying I will heave to cancel the current order and place a new order. I was also told that I will forfeit my original deposit. :(
I went to Tesla Parramatta this morning and spoke to a gentleman there about the above. He said the same that I will have to forfeit my deposit and place a new order. I said that's fine with me. Then I asked him if I can transfer my referral credit to the new order. He said he will check with his manager. A few minutes later he came back with his manager and told me that since my original order was on GC, they will refund my deposit. I cancelled my order there and then and placed a new oder for Blue/Black-White LR AWD. I am happy with the outcome.
So are you off the GC now? I salute thee brother, as the rest of us rust away on the Stinkship 🫡

That's interesting. Let's hope for the best.

So are you off the GC now? I salute thee brother, as the rest of us rust away on the Stinkship 🫡
I believe I am still hanging on. My new EDD is still December - January. I may still be on GC. They said there isn’t any LR in inventory and they could not tell me anything about where the car is at the moment.

There was a MY Performance available and I was tempted but managed to resist. No it wasn’t Silver/ Black-White :)