Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you get black interior then you can choose any colour except red. If you get black-white interior then you will have to stick with white exterior. That is for MY RWD. Anything else will take you above the threshold. You can still get stamp duty exemption through.

$3K rebate for up to $68,750 excluding on-road cost.
Stamp duty exemption for up to $78K car excluding on-road cost.
Thanks for clearing that up. Will check our options with Tesla then

There have been a few cancellations. I cancelled my order on Thursday (blue/black-white). Also, you may be offered a silver/black-white 20” aka DAT-CAR. There may be a few unassigned cars on GC. You have a chance to be part of history by ordering now and getting assigned a car on GC.
I cancelled my RWD white paint, white interior, 20" induction wheels for DAT-CAR :) I picked up my Midnight Silver, white seats, 20" induction wheels yesterday at 5pm from the Mulgrave Distribution Centre (Melbourne). It was in tip-top shape - not a blemish, no weird door/panel alignments, nothing! Very very happy with what I received. Time to change my profile pic and signature block on this site :)

I cancelled my RWD white paint, white interior, 20" induction wheels for DAT-CAR :) I picked up my Midnight Silver, white seats, 20" induction wheels yesterday at 5pm from the Mulgrave Distribution Centre (Melbourne). It was in tip-top shape - not a blemish, no weird door/panel alignments, nothing! Very very happy with what I received. Time to change my profile pic and signature block on this site :)
Very happy for you. Congratulations

Reactions: MrMister
Pretty sure the GC saga was predicted by TLC in the 90s…

No, I don't want no stinkyGC
A stinkyGC is a boat that can't get no love from me
Hangin' out the coral sea side
Of a Queensland tide
Trying to holla at me
I don't want no stinkyGC
A stinkyGC is a boat that can't get no love from me
Hangin' out the coral sea side
Of a Queensland tide
Trying to holla at me

Pretty sure that’s how it went?

• Funny
Reactions: phaz and MrMister
i'm not saying to paint it in a negative light, the purpose is so that we can get the upto date information on the issue that only journalists have the capacity to get. Don't you want to learn what's really causing this delay and what might be the outcome for it?
"journalists" dont have any capacity to get information, they just regurgitate what they read online. They are not a source of truth and dont have any special powers to gather information or influence positively.

We know what the issues are. Just gotta let the Quarantine process finish.

"members of a Tesla forum are outraged at delays in Teslas inability to deliver cars"

and they will paint it in a negative light. Its how they generate clickbait.

We know its frustrating, and there isnt much we can do about it (apart from changing orders to get a car from the other boat) but the MSM cant help.

"journalists" dont have any capacity to get information, they just regurgitate what they read online. They are not a source of truth and dont have any special powers to gather information or influence positively.

We know what the issues are. Just gotta let the Quarantine process finish.

"members of a Tesla forum are outraged at delays in Teslas inability to deliver cars"

and they will paint it in a negative light. Its how they generate clickbait.

We know its frustrating, and there isnt much we can do about it (apart from changing orders to get a car from the other boat) but the MSM cant help.
ok sir

i'm not saying to paint it in a negative light, the purpose is so that we can get the upto date information on the issue that only journalists have the capacity to get. Don't you want to learn what's really causing this delay and what might be the outcome for it?
We already know what's really causing this delay. I wouldn't waste my time listening to the media. Their recent reporting of the quarantine congestion in Aus ports earlier this year was pretty wide of the mark in almost all respects. Prepare yourselves for a looooooong wait to get your hands on your cars.

I get the frustration, but you are assuming that AQIS even know when it will be ready.. Then you are assuming they are willing to give estimates to the shipping company, who you are assuming are willing to give the ever changing information to Tesla, who now if they have received anything, know it's 3rd or 4th hand information that is constantly changing and probably don't want to be giving that to customers knowing it's probably going to be wrong.

On top of all that all 4 organisations need to coordinate with the ports to get the ship in and out for inspections, etc and finally to unload.

There are a HUGE number of variables here, and the situation sucks all around, but I don't think getting angry at Tesla in this instance helps at all.

I
i'm not saying to paint it in a negative light, the purpose is so that we can get the upto date information on the issue that only journalists have the capacity to get.
Why would they be the only people with the capacity? The ship is in quarantine, people are complaining about "bad customer service" from Tesla but in reality their only answer at the moment is that they don't know when the cars will arrive because the authorities haven't told them when they can be unloaded. Is there more that people aren't telling us, of course there is, same as in any business, are they going to tell that to a journalist, no, because why would they. This is a QLD government/border security delay and they are notoriously tight lipped. Tweet at drive or Elon if it makes you feel better but every drive article on the previous issues has no more information or agitation and made basicallically no more difference to the issue than this forum has.