Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered on the same day!

wait - you did NL right? so have you already started salary sacrificing? Does this sound right?

My NL company (LeasePlan) has paid Tesla, but my contract hasn't yet started - which is pending delivery.. so no payments from my side yet.
Yes my Tesla has been paid for but repayments have not started yet. However I believe that the running cost account is open and withdrawals will begin for this soon.
My understanding is that the repayments do not begin until you receive the car. Some wait times on other vehicles are like 2 years.

Reactions: thecasualplaya
Alright, a few quick calls to Tesla and they have managed to reverse this little kerfuffle.

I got my original VIN back.
However my EDD has changed.
View attachment 996418
Yea, plus now you re-qualify for the prestigious and exclusive GC badge on your car. I had taken you off the VIP list, I'll put you back on :)

Highly dependent on your income and other financial factors, but I think yes when you consider the total cost of ownership.

Like I mentioned earlier, I did the numbers for my personal situation, and if I pay the residual after 3 years, the total cost of ownerhip up until that point would be roughly 15k cheaper at least (not even considering the home loan offset that I would save by not paying cash)..

do with this as you will - and do not take it as financial advice.
I'm quite tempted to get NL for my MY, so I checked it out. But it looks like it would reduce my borrowing power since I'm planning to get a new investment home loan in the next two years. Considering this I think I will stick with the cash option. Feel bad about paying more in cash, hope the car proves to be worth it 😂

BTW, I had booked a white 19" Y RWD in the middle of September. I got a vin for a vehicle on stinky. I asked for a swap in mid November and was offered a vehicle (same specs) on Don Juan. Needless to say I jumped ship and am scheduled to take delivery next week.
I was about the same situation same spec but was unassigned, probably you the one who took my car 🥲. We were once enemy haha.. but i cant hate you mate, enjoy!

Alright, a few quick calls to Tesla and they have managed to reverse this little kerfuffle.

I got my original VIN back.
However my EDD has changed.
View attachment 996418
The binding is real and there's just no way out of it. 🤣
1701755083813.png

I'm quite tempted to get NL for my MY, so I checked it out. But it looks like it would reduce my borrowing power since I'm planning to get a new investment home loan in the next two years. Considering this I think I will stick with the cash option. Feel bad about paying more in cash, hope the car proves to be worth it 😂
NL is really only a good option right now due to the no stamp duty and no FBT that EVs are enjoying. Upfront is nearly always a better option than financing.
But yeah I did the numbers myself and found that after paying off the residual I'd still be about $15k better off than paying cash.

Sydney people, after this morning's little stuff up my EDD has moved forward by almost a month. I asked about that and the reply was that it will show on all Sydney soon.

Is anyone else now showing Dec 31 - Jan 20? Or just me?
Still the same 11 dec - 1 jan. Having this updated to January is bloody painful. I am really disappointed with how Tesla has not offered any details.

Again to my earlier statement, I got a feeling that Tesla is simply trying to avoid customers dropping their orders by drip feeding the minimum amount of information to us.

Sydney people, after this morning's little stuff up my EDD has moved forward by almost a month. I asked about that and the reply was that it will show on all Sydney soon.

Is anyone else now showing Dec 31 - Jan 20? Or just me?
Still 11 Dec to Jan 1. But it's just a matter of time before it changes. I wonder how they are coming up with the new EDDs if they truly have 'no information'.

Not that it matters, but does anyone remember if the Glovis Caravel was in port at the same time as the Glovis Captain earlier this week? I wonder if the docking was also part of a crew refresh.

I hate to think what they've been doing on board all this time. I'm sure there's a lot of training and house-keeping duties to do, but I'd seriously be considering keying a few shiny Teslas out of frustration by this point.