Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont care what Tesla does....
As long as it's more than what they are doing now which is saying it will be delivered within the EDD window and then shifting that window.
but what do you want them to do? The E in EDD is estimated, based on the information they have that's all they can do, estimate Based on what they know that's the window, every time an inspection is failed or a berth time is missed all it means is that the estimation is changing. If they literally do not know when the ship will be cleared by government officials then what exactly do you want them to tell you?

Reactions: cafz and Jules22
Man,this just sucks. I'm not saying it's ruined my holiday plans but we really planned for this car so we could do a family trip. That's not happening now and I'm not hiring a car for it, so we're figuring out what to do.

It's just our luck hey. But I think we gotta take a different approach to this as we come into Christmas. Accept that it isn't coming this year. Stop tracking the ship. Share some memes here and go enjoy time with family over the break. It's the best we can do at this point...

Hi guys,
Just had a mate who works at Tesla Alexandria talk with DAFF, the inspection of the GC has been postponed by 2 weeks minimum. They aren’t sure when it will unload next but he said Sydney deliveries are going to start right before February. DAFF has stated “The Glovis Caravel has the most issues related to biosecurity and the Australian Agriculture Department aren’t taking any chances” Hope this has cleared up a few things and I will keep on updating what is happening.

For those who are looking for a free UMC charger or 5,000 kms of free supercharging as compensation for the delays, Tesla really wants to but they aren’t able to as they do not have any correlation with the delays of the GC. If anyone is thinking of cancelling their order, Tesla advises not to as the next shipment of Tesla MY’s will be shipped out February 2024. As I own a M3P and have waited 7 months for it. I can agree it is totally worth the wait. No other electric car matches Tesla with its price and luxury.
this post eventually the closest accurate what is happening now! so is he actually getting the 'near' accurate insight after all? hey mate, please share more insight... we love you bro.

Reactions: newshound
I get the frustration, but you are assuming that AQIS even know when it will be ready.. Then you are assuming they are willing to give estimates to the shipping company, who you are assuming are willing to give the ever changing information to Tesla, who now if they have received anything, know it's 3rd or 4th hand information that is constantly changing and probably don't want to be giving that to customers knowing it's probably going to be wrong.

On top of all that all 4 organisations need to coordinate with the ports to get the ship in and out for inspections, etc and finally to unload.

There are a HUGE number of variables here, and the situation sucks all around, but I don't think getting angry at Tesla in this instance helps at all.
I disagree. There are not a ton of variables here. Not that many actually involved that makes the decisons.

Tele so far has said not said ‘we don’t know ‘ but simply ‘we will tell you once we have more to say…’ which indicates they likely know more than they are willing to share and be transparent about.

Tesla can do more for the customers to provide more details. They made a decision to not to do so…

I disagree. There are not a ton of variables here. Not that many actually involved that makes the decisons.

Tele so far has said not said ‘we don’t know ‘ but simply ‘we will tell you once we have more to say…’ which indicates they likely know more than they are willing to share and be transparent about.

Tesla can do more for the customers to provide more details. They made a decision to not to do so…
Mate, sorry but it's pretty obvious. If you've had any dealings with customs, AQIS and similar departments it's not surprising at all.

They can't know how long it will take, why do you think they keep inspecting the ship? It's not for fun. And they don't talk directly to Tesla either. It has to go through all of the various parties to get to them.

A bit of publicity ain't gonna change the EDD. But, I'm a cheap date, so if all it results in is Tesla being 'shamed' into giving me a free UMC, I'll be happy.

But with everything else going on in the world, the collective whinging of a few privileged Tesla buyers (me included) ain't gonna really make headlines and or result in a free UMC.
Can definitely agree with this sentiment, given all the screwing around a good-will gesture from Tesla for you guys would certainly be good business.

......in your opinion
At the very least they'd know what its current status is. They'd know whether it passed the latest inspection and the delay now is just waiting for a berthing slot, or whether it still needs more biosecurity actions taken.

It's debatable whether those details should be provided to the customers, but there's little doubt they'd know at least a little bit more than us in this thread do.

And by "they" I mean Tesla in general, not the call centre staff people are trying to get info out of. I doubt they've been told much.

I get the frustration, but you are assuming that AQIS even know when it will be ready.. Then you are assuming they are willing to give estimates to the shipping company, who you are assuming are willing to give the ever changing information to Tesla, who now if they have received anything, know it's 3rd or 4th hand information that is constantly changing and probably don't want to be giving that to customers knowing it's probably going to be wrong.

On top of all that all 4 organisations need to coordinate with the ports to get the ship in and out for inspections, etc and finally to unload.

There are a HUGE number of variables here, and the situation sucks all around, but I don't think getting angry at Tesla in this instance helps at all.
Then tell us that.
They know something..
Delivery windows don't just change on their own.

I'm not angry, just frustrated at their lack of communication.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jules22
Then tell us that.
They know something..
Delivery windows don't just change on their own.

I'm not angry, just frustrated at their lack of communication.
They've communictaed the updated window directly into your app? What eles do you want them to do? Email you saying we have updated your estimated window as we have no real idea when you will get your car due to a number of factors completely out of our control?

They've communictaed the updated window directly into your app? What eles do you want them to do? Email you saying we have updated your estimated window as we have no real idea when you will get your car due to a number of factors completely out of our control?
If that's what it actually going on then yes.

This group has already proven that information posted can't be trusted. We would all have our cars by now if what that one guy who "had a mate working in the port said was true".

It will take as long as it takes. I have made my peace with that.

If it's passed inspection, tell us.
If it's failed inspection, Tell us.
Are they waiting for a slot to unload? Tell us.
Are they getting no information? Tell us.

When I swapped to LR last week, I went back in the queue and for now I don’t have EDD or VIN. Just says Dec-Jan but I believe it will be in March sometime. I was told that the LR has the longest wait.
I haven’t seen any LR buyers be allocated anything on GC it appears to be full of RWD and maybe some performance - they came on the morning cello which left after Glovis, detoured to Fiji and still arrived before this whole debarcle.