Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did mention there are lots of talented people in this forum, we got songs made up and poems to read if she's interested in joining.
Screenshot_20231206-154911_Gallery.jpg

Hmm the Don Juan was on the way in, and seems to have turned around, and is heading out again...

View attachment 994468

The port movement reports it's going back out to the outer anchorage area (where it spent the last couple of days). No listing for when it's coming back.

View attachment 994470
hmmmmm, she just encountered very severe weather and went back outside to get away from it. No big deal, no conspiracy.

I

Why would they be the only people with the capacity? The ship is in quarantine, people are complaining about "bad customer service" from Tesla but in reality their only answer at the moment is that they don't know when the cars will arrive because the authorities haven't told them when they can be unloaded. Is there more that people aren't telling us, of course there is, same as in any business, are they going to tell that to a journalist, no, because why would they. This is a QLD government/border security delay and they are notoriously tight lipped. Tweet at drive or Elon if it makes you feel better but every drive article on the previous issues has no more information or agitation and made basicallically no more difference to the issue than this forum has.
It could be a matter of 'IF' they can be unloaded at all rather than 'WHEN'

I agree that Tesla may not be directly at fault. However, Tesla doesn't go scott free here. If the bugs came from their cars from the gigafactory in Shanghai, then that's their fault. If they signed a contract with the owners of GC to ferry their cars around, that means they selected the GC company for logistics.

Tesla is the one who customers interact with, not the shipping company and the products on the GC are theirs. It's similar (but not exactly) like when building a new home, when a subcontractor messes up, you as the homeowner do not go directly to the sub contractor, but to the builder themselves to complain because they opted to get the services of that subcontractor.
Yep I bought a car from Tesla and they provided me with a delivery date. How they meet it is their problem.

Like when you have issues with a delivery from Amazon they don’t say ‘sorry but that is the sub contractors fault and not ours’… they promised a service and should deliver to it.

Yep I bought a car from Tesla and they provided me with a delivery date. How they meet it is their problem.

Like when you have issues with a delivery from Amazon they don’t say ‘sorry but that is the sub contractors fault and not ours’… they promised a service and should deliver to it.
No, they didn't. Not a single one of us is given a guaranteed delivery date until we are given a guaranteed delivery date, what you have been given is an Estimated Delivery Date. Thats why they give a window and call it an estimate because stuff like this can happen. Seriously, what do you expect them to do when the australian government will not let the shipping company contracted by Tesla unload?

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
No, they didn't. Not a single one of us is given a guaranteed delivery date until we are given a guaranteed delivery date, what you have been given is an Estimated Delivery Date. Thats why they give a window and call it an estimate because stuff like this can happen. Seriously, what do you expect them to do when the australian government will not let the shipping company contracted by Tesla unload?
Do we even know if the stink bugs were from the model Y onboard?
Could it be something else onboard caused this stinkfest? Some tractors or such?
Probably BYD or MG. That’s my conspiracy theory

Like when you have issues with a delivery from Amazon they don’t say ‘sorry but that is the sub contractors fault and not ours’… they promised a service and should deliver to

Very well said, Let's not forget, the Australian Government, through the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry have responsibility to protect the biosecurity of this country. Not even Electric Jesus has any influence over this stuff and nor should he.

Reactions: Jules22