Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This could've happened to any brand and potentially any ship. EVs shouldn't even be part of the equation as the stink bugs on board aren't a reflection on Tesla and their vehicles.

Sure, the communications could have been more transparent (and hopefully you will all still get a more detailed explanation) but an individual call from a Rep, while would've been nice, is possibly not feasible due to the amount of customers affected and other variables at play.

They had no problems contacting me multiple times after my test drive to secure the sale...

I can understand that circumstances may be beyond their control but the customer experience and follow up has been very poor. Especially from a company that deals direct to the consumer and the relationship that relies on.

Unfortunately the mainstream media will inevitably pick this up. Will be another Tesla and Elon bash fest.

They had no problems contacting me multiple times after my test drive to secure the sale...

I can understand that circumstances may be beyond their control but the customer experience and follow up has been very poor. Especially from a company that deals direct to the consumer and the relationship that relies on.

Unfortunately the mainstream media will inevitably pick this up. Will be another Tesla and Elon bash fest.
I was thinking the same thing the other day.
I was getting calls at least 3 times a week after booking a test drive.

I'm new to the forum and realise there isn't a lot of transparency around car allocations but I would appreciate your thoughts :
1- for those whose edd has been pushed back because of glovis c stink bug infestation will this have flow on effects to all other allocations? I placed an order on 2md Dec for a long range in white- no other modifications but still don't have a vin. My edd was pushed back from Dec-Jan to Jam-Feb and I'm worried it will be pushed back further. I need the car asap.
2- what does the 'inventory' stock on the tesla website actually mean?- is there a way to see what available for immediate collection?
Thanks

I'm new to the forum and realise there isn't a lot of transparency around car allocations but I would appreciate your thoughts :
1- for those whose edd has been pushed back because of glovis c stink bug infestation will this have flow on effects to all other allocations? I placed an order on 2md Dec for a long range in white- no other modifications but still don't have a vin. My edd was pushed back from Dec-Jan to Jam-Feb and I'm worried it will be pushed back further. I need the car asap.
2- what does the 'inventory' stock on the tesla website actually mean?- is there a way to see what available for immediate collection?
Thanks
Inventory was probably on the GC

My Y Performance was

I also need a car ASAP, so does everyone… bad luck now

Have to just wait, then hope that the refresh doesn’t get announced 2 days after you take delivery

The reason some people expressed their frustration here is quite simple: they were buying INVENTORY. When they were told that inventory vehicles would be available quicker, that’s exactly the expectation! For some, they even bought Tesla because they needed new vehicles quickly (eg. their current vehicles could not be driven anymore).

We know how long it could take sometimes…and yes we have been through it with other car manufacturers! I’m pretty sure Tesla isn’t the first car for many people here. So if people are frustrated with how poorly Tesla has been handling this saga, I quite understand it! Frankly, I’m not in the position to advise them otherwise.

I was thinking the same thing the other day.
I was getting calls at least 3 times a week after booking a test drive.
I was sent sms and call constantly to come for a test drive. When I spoke to staff in Chatswood I was told to order quickly and it would only be a few weeks to get a car…. Four months later now…

Completely agree that Tesla can’t just wipe their hands and say it was not in they control. The company is a master in logistics to build their cars and manage sub contractors and surely knows the risks associated with shipping. They should take this into consideration for how they assign cars to people such that people are delivered a car as per when they ordered instead of tying this it to a particular ship.

Thanks
I am in a similar situation. I placed an order on November 29th and still haven't received the VIN. Edd was Nov -Dec and now is Jan - Feb. I phoned a different salesperson a few times, and they all said that if I haven't received the VIN yet, it's most likely not on the GC and hasn't been manufactured yet.

I am in a similar situation. I placed an order on November 29th and still haven't received the VIN. Edd was Nov -Dec and now is Jan - Feb. I phoned a different salesperson a few times, and they all said that if I haven't received the VIN yet, it's most likely not on the GC and hasn't been manufactured yet.
I hope for you that you get a new one.
I will be getting a Glovis Caraval MY that was built in Sept 2023 but delivered end of feb - so five months old - not thrilled with this.

Gents, a funny twist of fate has happened to me. A relative heard of our situation and has leant me their second car until the Y arrives. It's number plate is apparently DAT CAR.
It’s still available in NSW.
IMG_1396.jpeg

i
It looks like everyone is just on different timeframes for their auto-generated apology emails. I'm getting the free 6 month EAP now. My EDD had already been pushed out to 6 Feb - 27 Feb.
View attachment 1003343I wonder if there is anything else on offer for people who already ordered and paid for the EAP. I got the email today, too. But no mention of any compensation. EDD now 12 Feb-20 March for SA.

It looks like everyone is just on different timeframes for their auto-generated apology emails. I'm getting the free 6 month EAP now. My EDD had already been pushed out to 6 Feb - 27 Feb.
View attachment 1003343
Anyone get a slightly different message saying 'they are investigating all available options to get your Model Y to you. This may include reassigning your order to a vehicle from the next batch of production"? No mention of 6 months autopilot either ..