Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rang Tesla and asked what the criteria was for getting the offer of compensation. I was told it was order date that decided eligibility. When they checked with an order date of Sep 25 I should have got the offer. The person I spoke with did not tell me the cut off date. He would take it up with operations and make sure it was added to my order.

I'd suggest that you check with Tesla. Please be nice he sound extremely stressed and relieved that I was not yelling. Its not the person you are speaking with fault.

I actually don’t care about the EAP
But realistically how long is it going to take to get a car that’s on the GC

It has to arrive back in china

Do they then offload and fumigate , I’m unsure of the process

Then reload and sail back, assuming no further issues…

I have an EDD 10/2-2/3 it may be even longer

I wish I had have held onto my model 3 now, however if I did I’d probably have just cancelled the Y

Got the same
I rang Tesla and asked what the criteria was for getting the offer of compensation. I was told it was order date that decided eligibility. When they checked with an order date of Sep 25 I should have got the offer. The person I spoke with did not tell me the cut off date. He would take it up with operations and make sure it was added to my order.

I'd suggest that you check with Tesla. Please be nice he sound extremely stressed and relieved that I was not yelling. Its not the person you are speaking with fault.
Could you please give us an update when you get the offer confirmed. I have ordered on 24 September.

I wish I had have held onto my model 3 now, however if I did I’d probably have just cancelled the Y
No one knows about the actual process. Just speculations. Tesla and the shipping company would probably avoid using GC to ship cars to down under for some time. It is probably going to be another vessel.
As for cars, they will reassess them, and might reassign. It depends if they are still as new condition and there is no danger of bugs in any of their cars. Tesla can't afford another delay. DAFF going to be super vigilant about GC and cars were in it. IMHO.

Reactions: Jules22

No idea on what they will do but boat is due back in Shanghai 3/1 and current EDD is 2 months after that at the latest.
My car was built, loaded onto GC and arrived in Brisbane in less than a month so 2 months seems entirely possible.

When did you speak to them?
This is a very recent thing.
Yesterday. They said via email “As the delay is not under our control, we are unable to provide any compensation, we are just working to find a solution to get you behind the wheel as soon as possible.” They also said the batteries would be fine as the cars were in low power mode.
I don’t think I was offered EAP as I had already purchased it as an option.

I wonder if Tesla are actually hoping that we'll all cancel our orders.
In a way, that would actually help them.
Soon as we cancel, we're no longer a PR nightmare, they don't have to scramble to fix the problem and they can sell the cars to other folk saying that they'll be delivered in March.
Sure, they'll lose our business, but after all that (hasn't?) happened, that's now on the cards anyway.
My order was placed in August and I was sent the "we'll look for another car" email, not the EAP offer.