Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is in response to @darma on:

I believe we need to wait for the official email or text from Tesla to register the car with the new VIN. I checked my account in the Tesla website and under the documents, there's a link to open the Application for Vehicle Registration. Need to fill and sign this form and send back to Tesla but I think better to wait for the official email or text from Tesla asking us to do so.

Reactions: Billylid
This is in response to @darma on:

I believe we need to wait for the official email or text from Tesla to register the car with the new VIN. I checked my account in the Tesla website and under the documents, there's a link to open the Application for Vehicle Registration. Need to fill and sign this form and send back to Tesla but I think better to wait for the official email or text from Tesla asking us to do so.
My Glovis car appeared in RAV soon after it docked in Bris the first time.
I have a new VIN but can't open the "Application for Vehicle Registration" at the moment so I'm guessing it is being updated.

Venting at one point was probably the natural thing to do as many had plans tied to the delivery especially for the Xmas and NY break with extended annual leaves. Tesla Australia would have buckled up for it. And maybe it finally came to their senses to provide 6 month EAP. Initially Tesla's stance was no compensations what so ever and biosecurity issues were outside of their control.
Exactly my thought! Of course we agree that abuse is wrong, but Tesla should not do business if they cannot take complaint/criticism. Some people including myself rely on ordered Teslas as our only vehicles. Due to this delay, we had to hire vehicle ($$$), take Uber/taxi (more $$$ and hassle whilst bringing children) or/and walk during Sydney summer. Others may have different reasons. So for many of us…a “delayed vehicle” could have more impact than just missing Christmas present.

Reactions: darma
Just got off the phone to Tesla as I wanted to confirm when updated invoice and rego application will be available as our finance approval expires in a week.

They expect updated invoices to be out on Tuesday and updated rego application may already be there to be completed (mine wasn't so they are looking into that).

**I'm in VIC so that timeframe may not apply to NSW customers**

I was also able to confirm the following which is pretty much what has already been posted..
Built 26/12
Will be on Morning Crystal (currently due to dock in Shanghai tomorrow at around 2am our time)
Will NOT be the soft refresh

We were chatting for a while and I mentioned how some peoples NL company have already paid and people are wondering if they will get a new VIN issued.
They said they had heard of that too but didn't offer any more info.

So everyone on the GC will get a new Vin?

I ordered inventory after the rep in Richmond said they car I ordered was brand new and a way to save a few $$$ and it’s on the boat waiting to dock

However if he had said the boat was waiting already for 3 weeks due to bio security I wouldn’t have sold my car and now have to walk everywhere

I still haven’t been reassigned

I just would like a very good estimate so I can sort out something in the meantime

So everyone on the GC will get a new Vin?

I ordered inventory after the rep in Richmond said they car I ordered was brand new and a way to save a few $$$ and it’s on the boat waiting to dock

However if he had said the boat was waiting already for 3 weeks due to bio security I wouldn’t have sold my car and now have to walk everywhere

I still haven’t been reassigned

I just would like a very good estimate so I can sort out something in the meantime
It hasn't been confirmed that "everyone" on GC will be getting reassigned but it has happened for quite a few of us so far.
Speaking to Tesla or waiting for a confirmation email is the only way to know if you are getting another at the moment.

@Goneincognito thanks for the call to Tesla and information regarding the leases mate. Keeping us in the loop!
I really hope I get a reassignment but it looks like I'll miss the Morning Crystal at this rate. Regardless, I'm quite happy that some of us will be escaping this mess soon.
Lets hope there is on on there for you and they just haven't told you yet!