Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I've been lurking on here since I ordered my Model Y on 27/11. Happy to see a resolution playing out for those that were stuck on GC!

I was assigned a VIN today (for the first time) for my MY RWD, white/19"/white, est. DD Jan 20 - Feb 10, Gold Coast delivery.
VIN is 186XXX
Have I just been reassigned a vehicle from GC?

Definately no regrets from me on the eqe53. Absolutely stunning. I’ve not driven the suv variant yet.
No regrets in 10 years of model s ownership either, but if I had to offload one….the tesla goes.
Thanks. How much are you paying for insurance? I checked with many insurers most of them don’t even cover BMW iX and Mercedes EQE. Only NRMA and Allianz gave me quotes both around $5K for rating 1 driver.

What accessories did you get?

I went with Temu instead of eBay because they deliver stuff more like Amazon. You get everything in one big box or a few large ones.

4PCS Wheel Cover - $157.92
Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 6 Pack - $150.99
Tesla 2021-2023 Model 3/Y Sun Shade - $39.49
4PCS Car Door Tray Organizer - $32.48
Tesla Model Y Front Bumper Anti Insect Cover - $24.29
4pcs Lifting Jack Pads - $14.19
Door Handle Protective Film - $6.36
Model Y Seat Under The Storage Box - $19.49
Rear Seat Under Protection Pad Interior Anti-kick Anti-scratch Protection Pad - $20.48
Magnetic Car Phone Holder Flip Cover Design 360° Free Rotation - $21.98
Screen Protector Tempered Glass Film For Tesla Screen - $17.55
Windshield Sunshade Folding Front Window Sun Shade Cover - $8.60
Central Armrest Storage Box Center Console Organizer - $46.99
Anti-Kick and Anti-Slip Chair Back Cushion - $29.48
Console Screen Protector+wireless Charging Silicone Pad - $11.98
Mud Flaps No Drill Mudguards - $20.48
Hub Docking Station - $33.99
2pcs Car Air Vent Anti-Blocking Dust Cover - $3.55

Last edited:
And the "Battery type: Lithium-ion" is also a big source of confusion, because many people don't realise that LFP is still a type of Lithium-ion battery.

Oh, the number of comments on articles on EV sites along the lines of “I‘m only going to get a car with LFP batteries - no way am I going to get a car with a Lithium Ion battery” 🙄

Thanks. How much are you paying for insurance? I checked with many insurers most of them don’t even cover BMW iX and Mercedes EQE. Only NRMA and Allianz gave me quotes both around $5K for rating 1 driver.
Depends on suburb, garaging etc. I’m also a low km driver and we only have two drivers allowed. No-one else is insured. My insurance broker arranged a quote though MB Insurance (I couldnt get close online) and it was just under $2500, $20 less than the much older model S which is insured for 1/3rd of the price. Tesla’s are getting expensive to insure. I’m unsure if having both cars with MBI made it cheaper. Fantastic policy too. Note mine is an eqe53amg which should be much more expensive to insure than the model you mentioned. I cannot recall my excess but i think it is arouund $1500.

Depends on suburb, garaging etc. I’m also a low km driver and we only have two drivers allowed. No-one else is insured. My insurance broker arranged a quote though MB Insurance (I couldnt get close online) and it was just under $2500, $20 less than the much older model S which is insured for 1/3rd of the price. Tesla’s are getting expensive to insure. I’m unsure if having both cars with MBI made it cheaper. Fantastic policy too. Note mine is an eqe53amg which should be much more expensive to insure than the model you mentioned. I cannot recall my excess but i think it is arouund $1500.
Thanks heaps.

Reactions: paulp
Oh, the number of comments on articles on EV sites along the lines of “I‘m only going to get a car with LFP batteries - no way am I going to get a car with a Lithium Ion battery” 🙄
I blame the media outlets and some youtubers for those comments, they just love to stir up anxiety about things like range and batteries to get more views and attention. Unfortunately some people totally fall for it.

Last edited by a moderator: