Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got assign VIN, I think I've been assigned a GC car (due for delivery from 23 Jan- 14 Feb). Although I probably don't care all that much, out of principle I as starting to wonder whether I should just forfeit the $400, and reorder in order to obtain a 2024 build. We did actually wait unti late December to order in the hope that we might get a 2024 build (but would have been fine if that didn't work out). To then end up with a Sep -23. build does p' me off a little bit.

Then the question is ... when would you have to reorder to ensure you weren't allocated another GC car!!

I understand from others here that Tesla say there is nothing you can do to get reassigned a different VIN. Does anyone know what happens if you don't pick it up during the designated delivery period. I thought I heard at some point you go to the back of the line and reassigned a new vehicle.
I did the same, delaying my order from October hoping that there might be the soft refresh model Y. I end up placing the order end of November. I lost $375 referral bonus and now getting Sep 2023 build instead of the newer build.

With many due to receive their vehicles in the next few weeks, who has their home charging accessories sorted? I will just be getting the UMC but wondering when I should order/how long it takes to ship or rather if I should just pick one up at delivery. I guess they may have them there too?
Got our Wall Connector installed back in November.
Just in time for when the car was meant to be delivered.

Reactions: partyhat
If you have a novated lease then the lease must be for the entire purchase amount - so the order fee is refunded separately

If you don't have a novated lease then it comes off the final invoice under "Payments Received"

View attachment 1010314
Ahhh that’s perfect thankyou. Yes I’m getting a NL. And with the stamp duty refund after it’s going to be a nice little bonus … just gotta get the car yet lol

With many due to receive their vehicles in the next few weeks, who has their home charging accessories sorted? I will just be getting the UMC but wondering when I should order/how long it takes to ship or rather if I should just pick one up at delivery. I guess they may have them there too?
Mobile charger ordered Wednesday night. Shipped from Melbourne Thursday. Delivered in Brisbane around 10 am this morning.

Reactions: partyhat
In Brisbane. I got a new VIN which is registered and know my car was on the MC. However, no text, no EDD in the app. Didly. Also, I was expecting to get a mobile charger when I picked up the car so thanks for the heads up on that. I will order one very soon.

Crystal is coming in hot. Dear Captain, please mind skull rock and the prom, they have taken many ships. See you soon!

1705715518542.png

MC approaching Melbourne. Looks like it may have to wait maybe, can see 3 ships in the vehicle unload area, another two carriers in the bay, not sure if they are waiting for a slot, probably based on the draught. One ship has been docked since 15th. Hopefully it can unload asap! Got a call from Tesla, no substance other than asking if I’ve thought about chargers, which I’ve installed back in November and if I’ve got updated invoice sorted with NL.

MC approaching Melbourne. Looks like it may have to wait maybe, can see 3 ships in the vehicle unload area, another two carriers in the bay, not sure if they are waiting for a slot, probably based on the draught. One ship has been docked since 15th. Hopefully it can unload asap! Got a call from Tesla, no substance other than asking if I’ve thought about chargers, which I’ve installed back in November and if I’ve got updated invoice sorted with NL.
I keep refreshing the docks page and no MC scheduled yet: Victorian Ports Corporation - Melbourne

I live near the bay, so on my cycle tomorrow I'll try and take a photo of this majestic EV cruise, in all her glory.

I keep refreshing the docks page and no MC scheduled yet: Victorian Ports Corporation - Melbourne

I live near the bay, so on my cycle tomorrow I'll try and take a photo of this majestic EV cruise, in all her glory.
Silver queen, Marvelous Ace and Grand Mercury is currently at Web Dock 1/2/3. The first and last are scheduled to depart 22 & 23. There’s two car carriers moored in the bay though so probably they are first. The Vic Ports site only shows up the 24th so I’m guessing MC may be Scheduled after ? :(