Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sydney based, Car was on the Morning Crystal but didn’t receive an SMS saying “prepare for delivery” but my EDD has moved from 31/1-22/2 all the way to 4/3-22/3. Not sure why this is happened, also I’ve been waiting since October 10 so i expect no more delays.

Hi. This has happened to me too. Not sure what is happening here. I called Tesla Customer rep and he had no clue what is going on.
Sydney based, Car was on the Morning Crystal but didn’t receive an SMS saying “prepare for delivery” but my EDD has moved from 31/1-22/2 all the way to 4/3-22/3. Not sure why this is happened, also I’ve been waiting since October 10 so i expect no more delays.

Hi. This has happened to me too. Not sure what is happening here. I called Tesla Customer rep and he had no clue what is going on.
I called an agent and they said the all of them weren’t unloaded, melbourne people will have theirs unloaded then the ship will come back to sydney and unload the rest. This is pure bshit, i’ve been waiting 6 months without a car and gotten 0 compensation

Just got off the phone with Tesla.

They have advised due to whatever reasons unknown to them, some Sydney based cars didnt unload in Port Kembla and have gone to Melbourne instead. Now Tesla is trying to organize for the said cars to be returned to Port Kembla.

As such, some Sydney based customers will be seeing delayed EDD in their app. I am one of the luck ones (sarcasm) who is affected by this. Overall, a very frustrating experience

This is pure bshit, i’ve been waiting 6 months without a car and gotten 0 compensation
Unfortunately when you signed the contract, Tesla do not guarantee delivery dates... I got a txt saying that your MYP is in transit well of course it is, on transit from the docks in Shanghai, being loaded/unloaded or enroute to Aus. I guess they don't have to inform us where the car is or what ship it is on but it would be nice!