Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately when you signed the contract, Tesla do not guarantee delivery dates... I got a txt saying that your MYP is in transit well of course it is, on transit from the docks in Shanghai, being loaded/unloaded or enroute to Aus. I guess they don't have to inform us where the car is or what ship it is on but it would be nice!
they informed me when my car was on the GC and Morning crystal, surprisingly their communication hasn’t been terrible but this is just insane, the way i’ve done from an october edd to a march edd all without a car.

I totally second you mate! I wasnt rude to the rep who broke the news to me but I tried very hard to remain calm!
I honestly can’t bear any longer, already waited enough and now i’m getting tired asking relatives to drop me off. My friend ordered november and took delivery in december. I really want some compensation but they don’t agree. I was trying to be kind but I was also really frustrated at the fact the shipping companys aren’t organised

Reactions: RichY3
Just got off the phone with Tesla.

They have advised due to whatever reasons unknown to them, some Sydney based cars didnt unload in Port Kembla and have gone to Melbourne instead. Now Tesla is trying to organize for the said cars to be returned to Port Kembla.

As such, some Sydney based customers will be seeing delayed EDD in their app. I am one of the luck ones (sarcasm) who is affected by this. Overall, a very frustrating experience
Mate, worst case is the ship doesnt agree to come back to Port Kembla and just unloads the rest in China. I hope this doesn’t happen

They have advised due to whatever reasons unknown to them, some Sydney based cars didnt unload in Port Kembla and have gone to Melbourne instead. Now Tesla is trying to organize for the said cars to be returned to Port Kembla.

As such, some Sydney based customers will be seeing delayed EDD in their app. I am one of the luck ones (sarcasm) who is affected by this. Overall, a very frustrating experience
Did you receive the “Model Y Delivery Approaching” email?

wow, mine was exactly the opposite, I was telling them I wouldn't likely be ready to hand the car over till late Dec/early Jan (wishful thinking) so I said it's probably not worth sending someone out right away, lol. They were pretty insistant and wanted to get that contract signed to lock me in right away (which I used to drive the price up)
Thanks for your insights Jules22. I'm in Melb. I'll go ahead and let them come do an inspection (I've just recently received my MY so I'm all set to sell my old car). The horror stories posted in ProductReview dot com scares the heck out of me. But I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. If I don't like the people or process I won't be signing anything. If they want me to sign something I'll insist on a print-out and time to read/digest it before signing, ensuring the contract has a 'null-and-void' statement if they do not wire money into my bank account. I'll let everyone know how I go. Meanwhile I've privately listed it on carsales.com.au and on Facebook (both with a 'cash only or bank cheque' condition of sale).

Reactions: Jules22

Did you get the "your car has arrived" text?