Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paid in full, schedule to pick up 2nd feb. surprisingly tesla texted me if I want to pick up even earlier! Just we cant due to work, otherwise will pick up today. So close now after over 5 months wait. Yay!

Paid in full, schedule to pick up 2nd feb. surprisingly tesla texted me if I want to pick up even earlier! Just we cant due to work, otherwise will pick up today. So close now after over 5 months wait. Yay!!
Which vessel?

Why are the insurance premiums so high? Can anyone recommend a reasonable insurer?
Mine are beyond absurd thanks to my post code. Besides NRMA, most want to charge $3+k a year on $2k excess...
But in general, EVs are more expensive to repair and so insurers are raising the premiums massively. I do feel they're taking advantage of the market, but there is definitely some valid reasons behind the higher premiums for EVs.

Why are the insurance premiums so high? Can anyone recommend a reasonable insurer?
Ditto others responses with NRMA

My insurance is $1650 a year (still quite a bit more than my Tucson that I had but to be fair this is also a more expensive car out of the gate)

The insurance my leasing company chose for me was double - $3200. Thankfully they let me change to NRMA - with windscreen/sunroof cover, and choice of repairer as well as new for old cover for 2 years. And insured for the agreed price which is the full cost of the car.

Ditto others responses with NRMA

My insurance is $1650 a year (still quite a bit more than my Tucson that I had but to be fair this is also a more expensive car out of the gate)

The insurance my leasing company chose for me was double - $3200. Thankfully they let me change to NRMA - with windscreen/sunroof cover, and choice of repairer as well as new for old cover for 2 years. And insured for the agreed price which is the full cost of the car.
Did you get the loan car option? This is import because repair times are generally lengthy

Did you get the loan car option? This is import because repair times are generally lengthy
I didn’t.

But the policy automatically provides a rental car for damage if you’re not at fault.

And I’m also thinking a lot of the repair times are due to warranty issues which insurance won’t cover anyhow.

Tbh it probably wouldn’t have added more on to the policy cost but I didn’t worry about it

Just a question if you get new car replacement if total loss (touch wood) for the first 2 year, why still choose agreed value but not market or lower agreed value which can even lower the insurance cost?
I put the full value to cover things just incase. My lease company originally also had an additional insurance on my lease to cover the gap of a written off car so I deleted that extra insurance - and just wanted to make sure I was covered on all angles. Might be over kill but I also don’t know what happens after 2 years. If they will cover for the extra of what the cars is worth or if you can increase the cover after 2 years..

I put the full value to cover things just incase. My lease company originally also had an additional insurance on my lease to cover the gap of a written off car so I deleted that extra insurance - and just wanted to make sure I was covered on all angles. Might be over kill but I also don’t know what happens after 2 years. If they will cover for the extra of what the cars is worth or if you can increase the cover after 2 years..
Thanks jq. You can change between market or agreed value when renew the policy, it just recalculate the premium cost. Just thinking can save some penny for the first 2 years.:rolleyes:

Reactions: jq371