Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up my MYLR and heading straight for Tint-a-Car at Alexandria. I'll be going for the darkest legal tint. I got the Metallic Grey colour and black rims so am going full gangsta mode! Anyone here had experience, good or bad, with Tint-a-Car?
I got my Palisade tinted from them last year. I sold my car within 12 months. I didn’t have any problems during that period.

I will be going tinthaus in Thornleigh for Graphene coating and ceramic tinting.

Looks like David Deutscher is messing with the schedule again..
Still unloading today though.
Lets hope it stays like that.

View attachment 1013738

Looks like David Deutscher is messing with the schedule again..
Still unloading today though.
Lets hope it stays like that.

View attachment 1013738
It has been slipping every day since it arrived, I’d be amazed if they finish this week. This morning it was going to conclude by end of day, now it’s all of Thursday as well.

White rwd 19gemini black interior. The basic one
You are so lucky. I ordered on 17 August. Also with the GC saga and then get a new VIN shipped in MC but the earliest to pick up on the 22-Feb.
Same config as you except blue.

I just don't understand how Tesla work in managing the delivery. I thought it should be first in first out. It obviously not. Anyway, it is what it is.
All the best to all of you who already got the car.

It's been a long 6 months journey but this forum helps me hanging on.

So who's from Sydney picking up on the 22-Feb from Alexandria? I may bump into you to say "Hi there me hearty"

You are so lucky. I ordered on 17 August. Also with the GC saga and then get a new VIN shipped in MC but the earliest to pick up on the 22-Feb.
Same config as you except blue.

I just don't understand how Tesla work in managing the delivery. I thought it should be first in first out. It obviously not. Anyway, it is what it is.
All the best to all of you who already got the car.

It's been a long 6 months journey but this forum helps me hanging on.

So who's from Sydney picking up on the 22-Feb from Alexandria? I may bump into you to say "Hi there me hearty"
I am picking up Alexandria 22nd Feb 10am… not counting the down the days at all😅

Reactions: thecasualplaya
I'm picking up my MYLR and heading straight for Tint-a-Car at Alexandria. I'll be going for the darkest legal tint. I got the Metallic Grey colour and black rims so am going full gangsta mode! Anyone here had experience, good or bad, with Tint-a-Car?
I’ve had three of my cars tinted at Tint-a-Car Alexandria (aka The Tinting Machine) with their ceramic tint and was always impressed. Never had any issues. The oldest is a VW Polo done 4 ½ years ago and it still looks great.

When I finally get my Model Y next month I’ll be there again to get the front windows tinted to match the rear windows and this time I’ll be getting ceramic paint coating too.

I’ve had three of my cars tinted at Tint-a-Car Alexandria (aka The Tinting Machine) with their ceramic tint and was always impressed. Never had any issues. The oldest is a VW Polo done 4 ½ years ago and it still looks great.

When I finally get my Model Y next month I’ll be there again to get the front windows tinted to match the rear windows and this time I’ll be getting ceramic paint coating too.
Anyone in Sydney done the ceramic coating and windows tinting with SolarBlock Waitara? My Novated Lease company use this company. Want to know if they are any good. Thanks

Reactions: AndyC
1000010737.jpg

Looks like LA will dock at PK on Monday night so hopefully not too long after that for Sydney folk!

Reactions: bsbh
H

How long do they take in general for Tinting.. approx pricing? Thanks

I was all set to pick up my MY in Brisbane on Saturday. Went to settle my finance and Metro's entire IT system has crashed so they cannot access my paperwork to provide payment. It's been down since Tuesday and ETA is no earlier than Monday. If anyone else is with Metro Finance you can expect similar delays. I spoke with Tesla and they were very understanding.

Reactions: braker27