Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got a message saying vehicle has been assigned and is on walrus ace. But no vin yet. Anyone else is the same boat (literally!)
Edit - tried the view source trick in my browser - but no vin in the page source. There is a field though is_vin_assigned which has a value of true.

Last edited:
Reactions: bsbh
For some reason NRMA options for selecting Model Year is not consistent. For MYRW they have option for MY23 & MY24 but for MYLR & Performance only MY23 is available. If you are opting for agreed value then it doesn’t matter. Also, for agreed value, new for old has no bearing. You are covered for agreed value.

Ordered first week of December 2023, VIN assigned, ETA last week of Feb, first half of March. I am getting a 2023 model. I have asked for a 2024, but they said I need to re-order, and there is no guarantee. Thy will give me a new car, and I can't choose the year. Not much I can do I guess. I don't have a ship I think.

Ordered first week of December 2023, VIN assigned, ETA last week of Feb, first half of March. I am getting a 2023 model. I have asked for a 2024, but they said I need to re-order, and there is no guarantee. Thy will give me a new car, and I can't choose the year. Not much I can do I guess. I don't have a ship I think.
As long as it's less than 24 months old and not previously registered, they can sell you whatever they want.
Unless you are getting a MYP or an obscure spec, it will be a while before an order will be assigned a 2024 built vehicle as there is a ship load of 9/23 build cars that they need to sell first.

As long as it's less than 24 months old and not previously registered, they can sell you whatever they want.
Unless you are getting a MYP or an obscure spec, it will be a while before an order will be assigned a 2024 built vehicle as there is a ship load of 9/23 build cars that they need to sell first.
No good. I have not been notified of a ship yet. Hope it has no stink bugs.

So I got a message saying vehicle has been assigned and is on walrus ace. But no vin yet. Anyone else is the same boat (literally!)
Edit - tried the view source trick in my browser - but no vin in the page source. There is a field though is_vin_assigned which has a value of true.
Nice, from MIRRAT, seems like your boat and LA are going to be alongside, maybe we might get delivery dates quite close to each other

Reactions: jassi
Geez I wonder if my ex GC MYP is on the Lapis Arrow, Tesla won't tell me what ship my car is on and I don't understand why they won't tell me? All information is in your Tesla account and that is as much as we know. I mean seriously, people on here know what ship that there car is on... delivery is still late February through to mid March so it's possible that my car is on this one?
I spoke to Tesla about this. They confirmed my ex GC MYP is on the Lapis Arrrow. VIN unchanged since the good old GC times.
I assume yours is the same.
EDD 20 Feb-12 Mar for me in Adelaide.

Reactions: bsbh
I spoke to Tesla about this. They confirmed my ex GC MYP is on the Lapis Arrrow. VIN unchanged since the good old GC times.
I assume yours is the same.
EDD 20 Feb-12 Mar for me in Adelaide.
I wonder if some GC cars are bound for the UK? I only just found out that the UK cars also come from Shanghai and apparently Berlin only makes LHD vehicles .. so maybe some will go to the UK too which means they should deplete quick ish