Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1707369271660.png
Looks Like Lapis Arrow is coming to Brisbane, end of Feb.

Reactions: Jqzechen and bsbh
😂 Who knows but I’d take it, is there someone deciding it’ll definitely take one day less or is it some type of automated system that guesses… I’m still 14-6 and with my luck here I’ll be lucky if that window still holds
Mine is still Feb 14 to Mar 6. Good luck to you Jason. I ordered August 26 so if your's arrives before mine, I will be asking questions.......
I just got my delivery email! I’ve scheduled for the afternoon of 14th Feb. Might be soon for you guys too.
IMG_5008.jpeg

Walrus ace seems to now just be floating around in one place. I guess the port is too crowded or Tesla not yet ready for them to dock and unload! This must be the vessel carrying all the local inventory booster model Ys, as does not look like anyone else on here cares about this vessel ;)
1707382159753.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bsbh
Just for some perspective … I ordered my Glovis Model Y RWD Blue with 19” Wheels on the 15th September 2023 and sold my car in early October since my original EDD was Oct/Nov. I’ve been borrowing my wife’s car for 4+ months now. EDD was moved several times until the final EDD of Feb 14 - 6 March. Finally last week I received my delivery pickup options of 5th or 6th March in Alexandria. I will be 5 months and 3 weeks by the time I get the new car. :oops:

When I called to try secure a mid-Feb delivery date, the Tesla rep showed no sympathy or any sign that they would or could do anything to give me any priority.

On the positive side I’ve saved almost 6 months of rego/insurance/lease costs from my old car and I’ve been assigned a January 2024 built Model Y from the Paganella. I’ll also get the Enhanced AutoPilot trial however I had to ask the Tesla Rep for it when I called about my delivery date. Personally I’d prefer some free supercharging instead but I’m not sure that even a thing.

I’m sure that when I’ve finally got my Model Y in 4 weeks time I will quickly forget about all the frustrations and GC. Hanging-in-there 😥

So we ordered our model Y long range at the end of August. Yes, we are one of the lucky few who still haven’t received our car. Our EDD was meant to be end of Jan but when it updated to be March we learned from this forum that it was sent to Melbourne without being unloaded in PK. Tesla never admitted that to us - but today, when my husband sent a complaint text venting our frustrations, one of the managers called and confirmed that our car has been unloaded in Melb and is on a ferry or truck back to Sydney. Our EDD is now 17/2-9/3. Just sharing this to make other people who haven’t been waiting as long feel better 😆

So we ordered our model Y long range at the end of August. Yes, we are one of the lucky few who still haven’t received our car. Our EDD was meant to be end of Jan but when it updated to be March we learned from this forum that it was sent to Melbourne without being unloaded in PK. Tesla never admitted that to us - but today, when my husband sent a complaint text venting our frustrations, one of the managers called and confirmed that our car has been unloaded in Melb and is on a ferry or truck back to Sydney. Our EDD is now 17/2-9/3. Just sharing this to make other people who haven’t been waiting as long feel better 😆
I am exactly in the same boat as you, but I had ordered September 10. Really frustrating seeing people ordering after us and getting their car before.