Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cancelled a MYP order today. 2024 build, on the dock in Melbourne, was on the Pagenella. Was originally an order from Aug 2023 that was on the Glovis. Car was replaced with a Jan 2024 build. Hope someone is moved up and gets to enjoy not waiting as long for their car!
I'm very close to doing the same. I was in a text wrestle with Tesla about getting the $400 refund offered to some earlier in the GC debacle. Did you get a refund?

I can't keep spending $x on a hire car. Better to cut losses and redirect funds to an available car. My EDD has been pushed seven times since Oct 2023.

Yeah, I feel for ppl that are reliant on it coming in due to a sale or whatever their circs. I'm fortunate that I'm not in that position, but I would really like to have it. I ordered late November with an EDD of early to mid Dec. It feels like a decent wait as the finish line keeps getting moved on me. 4 months is not too crazy a wait for a car, it's the expectation and constant moving of the goal posts that's frustrating. Anywhoo, back to waiting.

Reactions: RichY3 and bsbh
I'm very close to doing the same. I was in a text wrestle with Tesla about getting the $400 refund offered to some earlier in the GC debacle. Did you get a refund?

I can't keep spending $x on a hire car. Better to cut losses and redirect funds to an available car. My EDD has been pushed seven times since Oct 2023.
If the car has been unloaded, be patient (it's difficult, I know).

Our MY was on the GC then a new VIN was assigned and that car was on the MC which docked in Melb on 26/1.
At this point, my EDD was 4 FEB - 28 FEB.
Last Tuesday (6 FEB), it got pushed out to 16 FEB - 2 MAR.
On Friday (9/20), we got the booking email and we are picking it up 19/2.
This will be 4 days shy of 6 months from the order date.

If the car is on the ground, stick it out.

Reactions: Tony Soprano
Mine is still lying to me. Still showing February 14th to March 6, for an Adelaide delivery, that was ordered on August 26th 2023.
I commend your patience.
I think everyone’s VIN is missing at the moment. I believe it’s just an app glitch.
Yes mine is missing too but I have a delivery date booked in the app. Not stressed. Thankfully I saved the VIN for quick reference for insurance purposes.

Reactions: jq371
If the car has been unloaded, be patient (it's difficult, I know).

Our MY was on the GC then a new VIN was assigned and that car was on the MC which docked in Melb on 26/1.
At this point, my EDD was 4 FEB - 28 FEB.
Last Tuesday (6 FEB), it got pushed out to 16 FEB - 2 MAR.
On Friday (9/20), we got the booking email and we are picking it up 19/2.
This will be 4 days shy of 6 months from the order date.

If the car is on the ground, stick it out.
same pickup date! 19/02 :)

Reactions: Goneincognito
Anyone else's Novated lease not pay on time? I organised it last year (glovis caravel car). A few weeks back I gave them a few weeks notice of the scheduled pickup day. Basically as soon as tesla told me i told them and asked them to pay a few days earlier. A few days before pickup they ask me for new financial details and applications again. As pickup day approached i get radio silence and they didn't get around to paying on time. So after chasing tesla for delivery, now tesla is chasing me for payment, and im chasing the novated lease company. .Now they tell me they've done everything they can and it's the banks fault which I don't believe. Anyway learnt my lesson I guess. First world problems for sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to your account, it will open in the website. Click on the Menu (top right). There is an option for trade in.
This seems to only work for trading in a Tesla not another manufacturer.
It will put your order on hold until trade in has been evaluated.
Yikes, even I don't yet have an actual delivery date? I just have an estimated delivery date and my vin and final invoice (for NL)

Last edited:

I didn't get a refund but I didn't ask either. I suspect the best time for getting a refund would have been when it was announced the Glovis was sent back to China.