Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN has gone... but looks like it has happened to others. I have sent back the rego papers so if they are changing VINs may have to fill it in again. Hope I get a 2024 model this time. Or could just be a glitch.
Yeah my VIN has been gone for a couple of days now, but the Rego papers and contract (updated) still have that same VIN that was there before, it has CEL8PC within its guts, this reminds me of check engine light on the 8th PC!

Hey all, re window tinting, what would I be looking at, cost wise, to tiny a model y?

Nome of the vendors I've contacted are keen to tell me over the phone, not even ball park!
I suggest using ceramic tint which will block 99% of nasty stuff where carbon base ting around 65 to 75%. I was given a quote for $695 to $995 Xpel XR black to Xpel XR plus. That is for front and rear windows. Rest windows are privacy glass from factory but does not block sun/uv etc. I am also thinking of tinting windscreen with 100%. It’s not allowed to tint windscreen in NSW but I am trying to find out if 100% will be acceptable.

I suggest using ceramic tint which will block 99% of nasty stuff where carbon base ting around 65 to 75%. I was given a quote for $695 to $995 Xpel XR black to Xpel XR plus. That is for front and rear windows. Rest windows are privacy glass from factory but does not block sun/uv etc. I am also thinking of tinting windscreen with 100%. It’s not allowed to tint windscreen in NSW but I am trying to find out if 100% will be acceptable.
Thanks mate, that's helpful

My car was on GC but Tesla assigned a new VIN with a build date of 26/12 when the ship got sent back.
This new car was on the Morning Crystal and I am booked to pick it up on the 19th.

This morning I got insurance sorted, roadside assist (we live in the country so Tesla roadside won't cover some things), completed the finance which will be paid 3 days before delivery and transferred the balance of the deposit to Tesla.

Nothing to do not but sit back and wait.

View attachment 1017055
Which road assistance is it if you don't mind? NRMA? I was trying online but its asking for rego numbet

Looks like LA timeline for berth got pushed forward a few days!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210-222301~2.png
    Screenshot_20240210-222301~2.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: bsbh and Whiteqs
Hi

GC and MC survivor. Car was mistakenly taken to Melbourne and now being arranged to he sent back to Sydney. Delivery timeframe Feb 17 to March 9. I have an email from Tesla stating the cars are not being trucked but being sent to Sydney via a ship called Theben. I checked the status and the ship is doing circles of Melbourne and was supposed to dock on Jan 30th. Anyone have info on when THEBEN is supposed to dock in Melbourne port?

I cancelled a MYP order today. 2024 build, on the dock in Melbourne, was on the Pagenella. Was originally an order from Aug 2023 that was on the Glovis. Car was replaced with a Jan 2024 build. Hope someone is moved up and gets to enjoy not waiting as long for their car!

Reactions: bsbh
Hi

GC and MC survivor. Car was mistakenly taken to Melbourne and now being arranged to he sent back to Sydney. Delivery timeframe Feb 17 to March 9. I have an email from Tesla stating the cars are not being trucked but being sent to Sydney via a ship called Theben. I checked the status and the ship is doing circles of Melbourne and was supposed to dock on Jan 30th. Anyone have info on when THEBEN is supposed to dock in Melbourne port?
i didn’t get an email… lol… i think they just forgot about me