Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be honest I don’t think I have gone through a list of things to take delivery of a new car as comprehensive as this. At a dealer you pretty much just take a photo and drive off. It’s great Tesla staff just leaves you alone to spend another hour ticking off the list 😄
Congrats on the new wheels. A week and change for me still. I take it you found no issues? I haven’t seen anyone here mention anything so hopefully that means China built cars are of a consistent quality.

Reactions: jq371
Just a reminder that their email about the compensation does say that it takes up to 10 days after delivery, so don't panic if it's not there straight away.
Pick up went fairly smoothly today, got there nice and early , then noticed a few water spots around the car, so it went out the back for a detail, no trouble at all very impressed.
1/2 hr later drove off car really sparkled in the sun. I went and had lunch and whilst there noticed some hard white spots below the rear window, it could have been left over from the polish or maybe delivery adhesive tape. I don't really know, anyway went back to the delivery centre again it was no trouble for them to tidy it up. Really impressed by the lack of fuss.

So I drove off happy with a sparkling car and there is three months EAP sitting in the app and I guess after ten days we will see if they add a further 6 months?

Congrats on the new wheels. A week and change for me still. I take it you found no issues? I haven’t seen anyone here mention anything so hopefully that means China built cars are of a consistent quality.
My car today seemed pretty solid and once I put the front passenger seat back the rattle from the seatbelt disappeared, it sounded like it was coming from the door pocket but was just the plastic bit on the seatbelt either hitting the plastic on the B pillar OR the seat itself hard to tell as I was driving.
Have not noticed any issues yet but only done 50km just enough to get the cameras calibrated.

Thanks! Yep no issues found. Just a bit dirty lower down the car. The car cleaner there was only too happy to spot clean bits that I found on the body as well. Interesting note was a Tesla person there checking all paint imperfections on all dark coloured cars (anything other than white) and he was picking up quite a few and sending the cars to be polished out. So if you didn’t order a white car, just look through the paintwork properly. There was an initial rattle at the seat belts just out of the dealer. But I been driving it around for a few days now and the rattle is gone and everything is beautiful silence.

After all the trials and tribulations I have experienced through the GC debacle, I finally picked up my MY RWD yesterday. Was supposed to be this afternoon, but got a call yesterday that it was ready, and after all this time, I couldn't wait another day. So far have just got cameras calibrated and done a quick "Jolt" charge, so I knew what to do. Very impressed so far and pick up was very pleasant. After ordering August 26, selling my Ford Ranger Wildtrak in November, riding a 155cc scooter from November till now, I can finaly drive my car.

Thanks to all for their kind words and support. Hope you all get your cars soon and there are no further hurdles.

I had my pick up appointment of MYLR at 09:30 am tomorrow (Alexandria). Just received a call from Tesla saying due to a transportation issue the car won’t be ready by 09:30am. I was asked if 02:30 pm tomorrow would be OK. I had no choice but to accept that. I am not holding my breath though. A lot can happen between now and 2:30 pm tomorrow 😡.

Has anyone who initially had a car caught up in the GC saga actually received the 6 month Enhanced Autopilot trial we were emailed about? We've had the car almost a month now and it's still just the 3 month trial included wih the referral code.

Just lodged a service request about it, hopefully they get back to me soon.
I have. Its on and the end date is within 6 months after delivery date (August for me)