Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_6182.jpeg
Picked up my MYLR today after 5 months! Well worth the wait! Good luck to all the GC Survivors :)

I picked up my MYLR this afternoon from Alexandria. I am extremely disappointed with their service. Everything was rushed and couldn’t even check the vehicle any anomalies. Tesla rep only spent 5 minutes with me and literally told me that is the way out 😡. Battery was had only 43% charge. When I enquired about the low charge state I was told “ you are lucky you have 43% charge. When are only charging up to 15%”. I had less than 30% charge left when I arrived home.

I am not impressed with the car either. There are many very annoying rattles. The most annoying one is in the dash somewhere.

Well… my first and last Tesla. I will go back to German brands.

I picked up my MYLR this afternoon from Alexandria. I am extremely disappointed with their service. Everything was rushed and couldn’t even check the vehicle any anomalies. Tesla rep only spent 5 minutes with me and literally told me that is the way out 😡. Battery was had only 43% charge. When I enquired about the low charge state I was told “ you are lucky you have 43% charge. When are only charging up to 15%”. I had less than 30% charge left when I arrived home.

I am not impressed with the car either. There are many very annoying rattles. The most annoying one is in the dash somewhere.

Man that is so disappointing! Check the front seat position and the seat belt because I thought it was the door pocket, maybe even the dash and turns out it was just the seat belt. Otherwise mine is tight as a drum so far, we will see how it is after a few thousand km.

Mine arrived with 95% charge which I thought was pretty high for the NMC battery in the MYP, just had to drive it to get it down.
Tesla delivery centre here in Canberra said take as long as you like and I moved the car into the sunshine to check for any problems, just minor stuff which they cleaned up. Big thumbs up from me.

They will fix up any rattles if it is that bad.

Reactions: Jules22 and jq371

That’s disappointing

I wonder if they knew you cancelled you GC car and got order fee refunded and they were just being jerks about it. Was it the same ppl you dealt with when you asked for your GC order refund or new people?

Still not very good to hear when everyone else’s experiences seem so much nicer.

Reactions: bsbh

So sorry that you had that experience mate. I hope they fix all the issues and that the car can turn around your negative impressions of it

Reactions: jq371
That’s disappointing

I wonder if they knew you cancelled you GC car and got order fee refunded and they were just being jerks about it. Was it the same ppl you dealt with when you asked for your GC order refund or new people?

Still not very good to hear when everyone else’s experiences seem so much nicer.
Not the same people. Refund was done by the manager in Parramatta. This guy did tell me that they are delivering about a hundred cars today. My original appointment was 9:30 am. They pushed it to 02:30 pm. May be it was getting late on Saturday and they wanted to go home.

Reactions: bsbh and jq371
which hub caps did you get?
Was going to buy the ones from tessories but they ran out of stock.