Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian MYLR to get Acceleration Boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Acceleration boost just became available today in my app for MYLR.

IMG_4544.jpeg

Performance Petrol car owners could only dream of shaving half a second of their 0-60mph time for $3000. They also fantasise about getting that performance boost without reducing the engines efficiency, reliability and tractability.

Your joking right? Most modern turbo charged cars are so safely tuned its not funny. Not saying using the excess performance would stress rthe vehicle somewhat, but be honest, $1500 on the dyno would have a serious performance improvement.

I think if you were being critical, Tesla isn't improving the car for $3000, they are unlocking what was already there to make extra money, that's fine, but its not improving the car so much as it is unhobbling it.

OK so Tesla nerfed the car with software and now it is saying if you want it back you can pay $3000 for Tesla to un-nerf it?

What do people think of the unofficial AB from the non Tesla "software unlockers"

That's certainly a bit of a disingenuous take. They could have just as easily put in less powerful motors saving themselves money and not offered a boost. Or forced all LR models to come unlocked and increased the base price of the car by $3k. Not sure why you're so upset over an optional extra? Everyone who bought the LR car knew the speed they could get and the price of it and was ok with that.

Do you get just as upset when BMW or Mercedes charges extra for a "factory tune" on their higher spec models even if it's the same engine?

Do you have iPhone or Android? Mine isn't showing it on iOS 😭

iOS v16.6.1 and Tesla app v4.25.1

Purchase went through as expected & took about 1 hour for the car to show the update of "sport" acceleration mode. Gotta say, it is an instantly recognisable and substantial difference. I also noticed an increase in noise coming from the motors/battery when you fully apply the accellerator after the upgrade. I assume this is due to the increase power draw that is being pulled. Seems to last about 5 seconds after the acceleration stops then returns to it's normal very quiet noise level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoltrix77
That's certainly a bit of a disingenuous take. They could have just as easily put in less powerful motors saving themselves money and not offered a boost. Or forced all LR models to come unlocked and increased the base price of the car by $3k. Not sure why you're so upset over an optional extra? Everyone who bought the LR car knew the speed they could get and the price of it and was ok with that.

Do you get just as upset when BMW or Mercedes charges extra for a "factory tune" on their higher spec models even if it's the same engine?
Exactly, it makes a lot of sense, saves them money by having to have two separate sets of parts and gives the buyer (and subsequent buyers) the option to upgrade easily (thereby adding a potential upsell).

Either way if you don't want to pay the extra you don't get it, just means this way you will have the option later on if you change your mind. I really can't understand the mindset of people complaining about having options.

Reactions: Chenkers
Exactly, it makes a lot of sense, saves them money by having to have two separate sets of parts and gives the buyer (and subsequent buyers) the option to upgrade easily (thereby adding a potential upsell).

Either way if you don't want to pay the extra you don't get it, just means this way you will have the option later on if you change your mind. I really can't understand the mindset of people complaining about having options.

I have no issue with them charging for it, its a good money spinner, I only have a problem with the far left of the EV community saying its not possible with an ICE vehicle. I just see it as paying for the warranty damage you may do long term on the drive train.

Last edited:
They could have just as easily put in less powerful motors saving themselves money and not offered a boost

Ill re-state your comment another way "They could have just as easily put in more powerful drivetrain for the P". The P motors are already slightly different.

No because the same engines produces the same power.
And if someone wants extra they can pay for a factory tune.

Unlike Tesla who understands that the P motors produces slightly more power than the LR motor, but wanted more of a difference between the 2 and rather than doing a "factory tune" or upgrading the P motors, they decided to hobble the LR motors and then offer to unhobble by charging a $3000 fee.

Disingenuous? I would think its Tesla being disingenuous.

Apart from the cost, what are the downsides to Acceleration Boost?
Motor noise?
Faster battery drain/shorter range (even if you don’t use the Sport mode)?
The fact that the MYP has a shorter range suggest this tweak will likely come with some other “costs”.
Anyone have any real world experience or facts on this?