Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Supercharger Rally SYD-MEL MEL-SYD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too enjoyed the rally and the chance to meet with other owners. My wife and I stayed overnight at the Albury Atura Hotel which has a destination charger. The next day we continued on to Torquey staying at the RACV Torquey Resort which has 2 Tesla destination chargers. I do have a funny Tesla story to share. When we arrived in the Resorts basement car park and backed into one of the two Tesla spaces and I plugged into the HPWC. I then noticed that the floor behind and under the rear of my car was covered in bird poop but the other space was relatively clean. Not wanting to have my new car shat on, I unplugged and got in and started to move the car to the other car space, at which point my car nav spoke to me saying "What, didn't you like that one!" I did a double take and asked my wife if she had heard it, which she had but she was so surprised she thought she must have misheard it. We then just cracked up laughing and I thought that that just has to be a bit of Elon's sense of humor programmed into the software. It really is great to have a car that creates its own memorable moments with its owner! And by the way, I am not ********ting you, this really happened and it made my day. I have since mentioned it to another owner who suggested that this might have been what he termed one of Elon's Easter Eggs. Apparently these are quirky surprises which have been deliberately hidden in the software. What a car!!!! :smile:

I too enjoyed the rally and the chance to meet with other owners. My wife and I stayed overnight at the Albury Atura Hotel which has a destination charger. The next day we continued on to Torquey staying at the RACV Torquey Resort which has 2 Tesla destination chargers. I do have a funny Tesla story to share. When we arrived in the Resorts basement car park and backed into one of the two Tesla spaces and I plugged into the HPWC. I then noticed that the floor behind and under the rear of my car was covered in bird poop but the other space was relatively clean. Not wanting to have my new car shat on, I unplugged and got in and started to move the car to the other car space, at which point my car nav spoke to me saying "What, didn't you like that one!" I did a double take and asked my wife if she had heard it, which she had but she was so surprised she thought she must have misheard it. We then just cracked up laughing and I thought that that just has to be a bit of Elon's sense of humor programmed into the software. It really is great to have a car that creates its own memorable moments with its owner! And by the way, I am not ********ting you, this really happened and it made my day. I have since mentioned it to another owner who suggested that this might have been what he termed one of Elon's Easter Eggs. Apparently these are quirky surprises which have been deliberately hidden in the software. What a car!!!! :smile:

Awesome MisterT. It was great to finally catch up in person and to meet 'MrsT' :). I hope you enjoyed the rest of your break.

hope to catch up again soon.