Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Tesla Ceramic Coating, PPF, Tinting and other Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no issue with using wash and wax. I think the ceramic coating is for lazy people who just want to hose off their car once a week and for it to come out looking shiny.
Ceramic coatings are not a way to avoid washing your car. Even when newly coated they will extend the time before a wash is needed but just hosing the car will not remove everything and still leaves a fine film of dirt, so if you then dry the car with a towel or chamois you will rub the dirt into the paint and create scratches.

Ceramic coatings are not a way to avoid washing your car. Even when newly coated they will extend the time before a wash is needed but just hosing the car will not remove everything and still leaves a fine film of dirt, so if you then dry the car with a towel or chamois you will rub the dirt into the paint and create scratches.
Snow foams supposedly make the wash touchless, however they too leave that fine layer that can only be removed with elbow grease

Reactions: meloccom
Snow foams supposedly make the wash touchless, however they too leave that fine layer that can only be removed with elbow grease
Snow foam is good for very dirty cars, where you spray on the foam, let it dwell to loosen the built up dirt, then pressure wash it off followed by a regular wash. I use it for regular weekly maintenance washing as it acts as a lubricating layer between the paint and your sponge to help sweep away the dirt with as little scratching as possible.

Snow foam is good for very dirty cars, where you spray on the foam, let it dwell to loosen the built up dirt, then pressure wash it off followed by a regular wash. I use it for regular weekly maintenance washing as it acts as a lubricating layer between the paint and your sponge to help sweep away the dirt with as little scratching as possible.
I’ve just gotten into the snow foam. Have done two washes so far and yes agree its an excellent lubricant. I then use the leaf blower to remove 80% of the water (falls off on the ceramic coating), spray on a mist of dryer, then towel off with microfibre, one wipe.

Reactions: meloccom
Does anyone have any first or second hand experience with Tinthaus?

Their ceramic/graphene coating doesnt say particular brand, just say Tinthaus ceramic coating.
I wonder what product they use and if it's any good.. esp vs well known one such as gqtechniq
I used them for my tint and ceramic coating. I wouldn't know which brand but I am happy with it. I had an experience when I went to hunter valley a couple of weeks after the coating and there was a massive storm. Lot's of sap from trees on the glass and bodywork. Some juice from leaves as well and some sticky stuff. Got home and washed it with a pressure washer and just a bucket with PH balanced car wash. Every thing came off easily and it's still beading like when it was newly coated.

Model 3 tinting There's another thread here . There's a lot of us here who have used them.

• Informative
Reactions: Gior and paulp
Is there a coating for windscreen glass to stop water spots. All my recent vehicles had water stains on the windscreen (outside the wiper range) and I was wondering if there might be a treatment to prevent it? If not, what is best practice to avoid it?
I used Carpro Hydro2 back when ceramic coating was too expensive. It's a spray and rinse product. It can be used on glass but will leave some marks where the wiper stops before going back down. It repels water but you might have to reapply every 3 months. Also gives the paintwork a good shine.

I tried the chemical guys ceramic quick detailer and it seems to work as well. You just need to wipe it off well. If not, there will be a coating that will reflect oncoming light wierdly.

Reactions: Power Hungry
Adding to this, ceramic coating also minimises what gets embedded in the paint as it's a hard layer of protection on top of the clear. In most cases, a wash and wax is fine but when it comes to decontamination, you are clay barring and cutting the clear. The key word is cut, which is cutting into the paint, reducing the payer of protection on the paint. When they reapply ceramics, they remove that layer only and reapply.

Reactions: Power Hungry
Tint Haus is pretty far since i'm picking up in alexandria, sydney - anywhere closeby that people recommend for ceramic coating + tinting? what's the rough cost? i'm seeing around $1600 in tint haus
These guys are a little bit closer, Five Dock.

I used these guys on my previous car, very happy with the results and lifetime of the coating.

These guys are a little bit closer, Five Dock.

I used these guys on my previous car, very happy with the results and lifetime of the coating.
Hmm, apparently they dont do rear window tinting for Tesla as the demister bars can be damaged if the film ever needs to be removed/replaced - is it normal?

Hmm, apparently they dont do rear window tinting for Tesla as the demister bars can be damaged if the film ever needs to be removed/replaced - is it normal?
Tint Haus said that a lot of places won't touch the rear windows for various reasons. You'll have to look around for a place that will do it for you or split out the tinting for another time

Tint Haus is pretty far since i'm picking up in alexandria, sydney - anywhere closeby that people recommend for ceramic coating + tinting? what's the rough cost? i'm seeing around $1600 in tint haus
Fineshine in Zetland (East Village car park) $1445 for ceramic coating, interior protection and tinting according to one of their specials pages. I’d link it for you but am using the damn iPhone 😐

Reactions: Hoon