TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Authentic Tesla keychain

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Hedgehogboy, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Hedgehogboy

Hedgehogboy Member

Just got this on ebay yesterday, a former engineer working for Tesla got a hold of it in 2008. Unused in box, these are rare and hard/impossible to find. Gonna use it with one of these, or keep it in the box:biggrin:. U like?

Attached Files:

2. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Not sure they're that hard to find. I have one still in the box. Not even sure where I got it.

3. Hedgehogboy

Hedgehogboy Member

Nice, probably many like you have one lying. I have been looking for one for some while, and have not been able to get hold of one. Maybe I should have asked here :)

4. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

I received 2 of this newer style keychains and delivery today. I thought that they were standard. IMG_1388.jpg

5. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

I was given one of the red keychains when I made my reservation (made the reservation in a store). My Volt key is still on it today.

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Didn't know they were still making those. Like them as well.

7. Hedgehogboy

Hedgehogboy Member

I like that one also! Hope I get those with my car. Softer edges than mine, will feel better in the pocket :) Congrats with your delivery btw!

8. Neech

Neech Member

I got my car in April and was not given a keychain. I did buy the key fob cover with the logo on it tho.

9. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I didn't get a keychain with my car either, but when I visited the San Diego store, without even asking, the sales guy handed me one.

10. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I was using one of these for a year, and it broke. I joked about it with Toronto service and they produced a replacement!

11. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

The red one or the chrome one? I have a red one so if the latter, I gota gets me to the Toronto store!

12. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Red. They're not very durable.

13. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I've been using one daily on my Roadster key for >2 years; not broken, looks great still.

14. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

I got 2 of the red ones just by asking the DC store, they mailed them to me for free (I did not receive them with my reservation or delivery). I am trying to get an extra (my son really wants one), but after going to three different Tesla stores and a service center, no one has them now. I would gladly pay for them. Does anyone know how to get one?

15. zax123

zax123 CDN Model S P308

I had a friend buy me a t-shirt in summer 2012 from a Tesla store in Arizona I believe, and it came with a red fob. I've had my keys on it since then bouncing around in my pocket and it's still holding up. Maybe you got version 0.9 Doug. :)

16. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

I have a red key chain from the factory... it doesn't fit the fob. Have they changed the design to make it fit the fob? I found it quite perplexing to be handing out keychains with a new car, but the new car's key fob wouldn't fit the keychain!

17. MarkR

MarkR Member

Agreed! It is really dumb to pass out key chains that don't have an easy way to connect to the fob. I've got several red ones that were given to me at he Scottsdale store and received another at the factory. I like the style of the original silver key chain, but it looks enough like a weapon that airport security might take it away!

18. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

My key chains came attached to the fobs with nice nylon straps. I'll take a picture when I get home.

19. CantaMia Ron

CantaMia Ron Member

I lost my key fob in the car as it was very slippery , But I found it under the carpet in the back
    I found a cable from a thumb drive and put it on it and attached it to my key chain.

20. JPP

JPP Active Member

I got a couple of the red ones at time of order. To get the fob attached, I found some small (about 1/4") snap rings (smaller than the 'conventional' ones you usually find) that would fit the slot on the fob.