Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Lane Change not working on 42.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 42.1 last Saturday and just noticed that Auto Lane change is not working in EAP mode. I put my blinker on right or left and the car stays in lane and doesn’t change. I have MS 75D.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Thats good, but there should be another set of grey lines outlining the adjacent lanes as well if auto lane change is going to work. See attached photo.
tesla-model-s-autopilot-software-70-e1444935839211.jpg

Reactions: boaterva
Updated to 42.1 last Saturday and just noticed that Auto Lane change is not working in EAP mode. I put my blinker on right or left and the car stays in lane and doesn’t change. I have MS 75D.

Anyone else notice this?
I used 2017.42 for the first time today and Auto Lane Change worked fine, I used it multiple times.

I was not aware there was a “42.1” version.

One more thing to try...I’ve noticed on a few occasions that although the IC was indicating everything was cool for auto lane change (a la @jjh1234 photo), it still wouldn’t do it.

I found in those cases, if I slightly nudged the wheel (obviously not hard enough to disengage AP) the adjacent (left or right) solid blue line would turn to a dotted blue line and the car would then complete the lane change.

Worth a try.

The manual suggests that the driver must be holding the steering before and during the lane change. I suspect this build has become stricter in that regard and disregarding your indicator command. If this i is indeed the case it would be nice if the software immediately issued a ‘hold steering’ alter.

I can say this is definitely not the case for 2017.42. Used it multiple times yesterday without my hands on the wheel at all.