TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Auto Lane Change

Discussion in 'Model S' started by stevek2021S, Jan 14, 2021 at 6:12 AM.

1. stevek2021S

stevek2021S New Member

I have auto steer selected/enabled on my 2021 Model S but cannot get auto lane change to work. Am I missing something?

2. 2101Guy

2101Guy Member

assuming you have FSD or EAP: under your autopilot settings, there should be a option that says something like "require confirmation for lane change". If thats unchecked, then when on NOA? Should auto lane change without intervention

If you only have basic autopilot, you dont have auto lane change capabilities of any type.

3. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Yes, the $10,000 FSD package.

• Funny x 1
  4. stevek2021S

stevek2021S New Member

Yikes! Should’ve held on to my Model 3 that had this feature.

5. 68882

68882 Member

Owners should lobby to be allowed to take purchased software with them when they resell or the car is written off.

if software 2.4 doesn’t run on HW 3.1 then you pay an upgrade fee. Having to pay the full price again doesn’t gain good will.

6. 2101Guy

2101Guy Member

agreed but when supply can barely keep up with (growing) demand, and when even bad press/bad reviews, etc, doesnt make a dent in that demand AND there is no competition (yet)? Near zero motivation for Tesla to change their ways...

if youve noticed (warrantys have gotten worse/decreased in length of time/coverage, referral program downgraded, etc), Tesla has taken customer service downward, not upward..