Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Lane Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
assuming you have FSD or EAP: under your autopilot settings, there should be a option that says something like "require confirmation for lane change". If thats unchecked, then when on NOA? Should auto lane change without intervention

If you only have basic autopilot, you dont have auto lane change capabilities of any type.

Owners should lobby to be allowed to take purchased software with them when they resell or the car is written off.

if software 2.4 doesn’t run on HW 3.1 then you pay an upgrade fee. Having to pay the full price again doesn’t gain good will.

Owners should lobby to be allowed to take purchased software with them when they resell or the car is written off.

if software 2.4 doesn’t run on HW 3.1 then you pay an upgrade fee. Having to pay the full price again doesn’t gain good will.
agreed but when supply can barely keep up with (growing) demand, and when even bad press/bad reviews, etc, doesnt make a dent in that demand AND there is no competition (yet)? Near zero motivation for Tesla to change their ways...

if youve noticed (warrantys have gotten worse/decreased in length of time/coverage, referral program downgraded, etc), Tesla has taken customer service downward, not upward..

I’m having the same problem with the MSLR I picked up last week. Have it on no confirmation. Hand on yolk no nags. Car signals lane it wants to change to but doesn’t change until I nudge the yolk. I get the white flashing on the dash panel too. Again, no nags for miles with hand on yolk. Have you figured it out since January? Thanks 🙏
That’s just how it’s built. Same thing happens to me. Turn off auto lane change and instead when it suggest a change just hit the stalk.

That’s just how it’s built. Same thing happens to me. Turn off auto lane change and instead when it suggest a change just hit the stalk.
Nope. Lots of videos showing with fsd, it auto lane changes. If I turn off auto lane change it won’t suggest a change. I don’t have stalks but if I did, and had to click them (or the turn signal button I have) then it’s simply auto pilot lane change which everyone has without fsd. Thanks

Nope. Lots of videos showing with fsd, it auto lane changes. If I turn off auto lane change it won’t suggest a change. I don’t have stalks but if I did, and had to click them (or the turn signal button I have) then it’s simply auto pilot lane change which everyone has without fsd. Thanks

When NoA and auto lane change first came out, I enabled the auto lane change but grew frustrated with it because when it wanted to make a change, it would put on the signal (good) but not start the change until you actually moved the wheel slightly in the direction of the change to initiate it (bad). I believe this behavior has gotten better now but I haven't tried it in a long time. I wound up turning it off and I have it suggesting lane changes but requiring confirmation to make them via a pull on the AP stalk or turning on the directional flasher.

From what I have seen, the latest FSD beta (the one currently being tested with the small beta team) behaves like you would expect it to where it will make a lane change without any kind of confirmation needed.

So without FSD if you want to change lanes autopilot disengages then you must re-engage autopilot after you switch lanes. If auto lane change is turned to "confirm" then you have to use the stalk but not shake the wheel. Otherwise you'll be forced to shake the wheel most times.

• Funny
Reactions: SgtPepper67