Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an L2 charger in my garage. It's position works fine for my PHEV, with the charge port near the front. I tried to see if it would reach to the rear left corner of the car, where the Tesla charge port is.

So it seems that I will need to back the Tesla int the garage. Can auto park do that?

Some people are able to trigger auto park for their garage but it’s rare. Auto park measures between the two cars for an exact middle to park. So if your garage is anything like a normal garage it expands when you get past the threshold. Try it, but be prepared to hit the brakes as theirs been horror stories about people hitting stuff, search YouTube for Summon Fails and there’s a lady that scrapes her Model S along the garage...

I'm still able to parallel park a nonaugmented car but I think backing in my Tesla is the only way I garage now. It came about for the same issue you raised. My level 2 was installed for a plug in hybrid with the port in the front left

No, I had a Volt which I still think is (was, dumb GM) the best. I had it for 25k+ miles and was at 82% electric. That's with 3 trips from California to AZ, 70 mile commute that changed to 80 the last few months. But I wanted electric.

You can only try, but be prepared to hit the brake pedal. With the camera, backing is fairly easy. Perhaps, put lines down on the garage floor, to help alignment. There have been several threads with people putting tape down or paint, to help them match the lines on the backing camera with the lines on the floor of their garage.

You don’t even have the car yet. Try searching google, the forums, or even reading the manual. Or better yet, wait until you get the car and try it for yourself and see if it works. You’ll be amazed how much you can find by just doing a simple google search and you’ll be so much more informed. Not sure how helpful it is to you or other forum members to keep creating new threads and posting about every little minutiae that’s already been discussed in the forums many times over.

Last edited: