Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Present Only Driver Handle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there a setting to only autopresent the driver door handle? Most of the time I drive alone and want to save wear on the other door handle motors.

Look under Controls -> Vehicle :
set Door Unlock Mode to Driver Door Only ;
also set Auto Present to On

(This is not a new setting, been there for ages, maybe forever...)

I don’t believe there is a auto present for driver door only. There is a setting for unlocking only the driver door when exiting but all the door handle auto present when returning to vehicle.

• Disagree
Reactions: rsg123
This does work. I used to have it set this way but now I don't auto present .

I tried it again this morning and you are correct, it does work. I tried to do this a while back but did not get it to work. This is one of the reasons I check this forum every now and again. Thanks for caring enough to reply.

Or the stalk park button.

This setting has security implications though. Sometimes you may "park" the car someplace with the intention of being inside the car for a bit but not necessarily want to invite others to easily get in your car...

I read this tragic story a while back and though I'm not suggesting we drive our cars in war zones or super dangerous areas, the auto unlock on park "feature" could have unintended consequences and is one of the first setting changes I made to my car. Once I am in the car, I don't want any door to unlock without my consent, unless someone pulls an interior door handle.

I am really glad that the unlock on park "feature" can be turned off. Wish they had an option to also turn off the dome lights on Park feature.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl.../gIQACv1KFR_story.html?utm_term=.17f6c387b607

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: rsg123
This setting has security implications though. Sometimes you may "park" the car someplace with the intention of being inside the car for a bit but not necessarily want to invite others to easily get in your car...

I read this tragic story a while back and though I'm not suggesting we drive our cars in war zones or super dangerous areas, the auto unlock on park "feature" could have unintended consequences and is one of the first setting changes I made to my car. Once I am in the car, I don't want any door to unlock without my consent, unless someone pulls an interior door handle.

I am really glad that the unlock on park "feature" can be turned off. Wish they had an option to also turn off the dome lights on Park feature.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl.../gIQACv1KFR_story.html?utm_term=.17f6c387b607

I didn't mean unlock on park. I don’t have that turned on either. No way.

I just mean that if you are parked and then hit the park button again, it will unlock the doors and extend the handles.

• Helpful
Reactions: DCEV

I was also afraid something like this (or less dramatic) can happen while supercharging, let’s say during the night in a not too safe location… Even with the doors closed, we are not able to drive away because of the connected cable… An emergency disconnect mecanism should be available in this case!