Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto steer on city streets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't really auto steer on city streets. Auto Steer on city streets will make actual turns based on the navigation in the gps. You have auto pilot which will keep the car in its lane and follow bends in the road. It will not stop at lights or follow navigation. Still a great feature especially on longer road trips on the highway.

Just picked up my M3P today and was surprised to see auto steer on city streets available, note I do not have FSD. Is this a permanent feature for me or is this a trial is fsd?
As other have stated, what you are describing is basic Autosteer / LKAS (Lane Keep ASsist) with dynamic or Traffic Aware Cruise Control (DCC or TACC). The former is available whenever well painted road lanes are present. The later is more permissive.

The location of the road is irrelevant - if lanes are painted, the car (Tesla's and other OEMs) will allow LKAS to engage.

Correct, for cars without FSD City Streets beta, Autosteer works the same way everywhere, but it’s not really intended for city streets, even though you can enable it there.

If you read the manual, Autosteer is disclaimed form using EVERYwhere (except empty highways without turns or cars), even though it is available and you can enable it ANYwhere.

a