Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems pretty reasonable for (what I assume) is the 15k miles you spoke about in the other comment.

May want to rotate the wheels front to back every 5k miles, if you wish to run this much neg camber. Pretty standard for our car to do this with -1.5 camber, zero toe front. It’s a heavy car not “using” the whole tire, accelerated wear is to be assumed.

Be fun to have wheels you can flip around! Any cars run offsets where that would be possible? heh

Not sure what you’re communicating here. But I assume you’re asking if people run “square” setups on their model 3?

We do, 275 RA1^4 on 18x9.5 et38 wheels. Much easier than staggered and the constant mount/dismount to get even tire wear.

no, take wheel off, flip inside to outside, bolt it back on. even out the inner wear.

i’m pretty sure no normal car exists where you could do this

no, take wheel off, flip inside to outside, bolt it back on. even out the inner wear.
That is my plan with the RT660's. With no camber, i expect to destroy outside edges fairly quickly.

Tires and wheels are mounted, i did a quick test fitment, and will do the ziptie mod up front. First event in SS is not for at least a few weeks.
20220625_084746.jpg

20220624_083428.jpg

Reactions: DFW_MVP
That looks more like it's self clearancing itself. Is it rubbing on the strut?
No where close

Camber wear I would expect to look more like this vs what I have. May just be a combo of the PS4S plus slight toe out from having it aligned to 0 toe with no ballast in the car (and I'm no small guy). Maybe I need to go for slight toe in.
1656335656689.png

So I did a thing yesterday, taking the first steps towards the EV-X class. Bought some UP sways from a friend who sold his M3P. My SR+ didn't come with rear end links so I ordered some adjustables from UP. I forgot to tighten with the suspension in its normal operating position so I need to readjust and remove any preload I might have inadvertently introduced.

I put both bars on their middle setting (stock suspension) and I'm looking forward to seeing how the car handles now! Please check out these pictures and let me know if anything looks off/wrong to you.

Unrelated to suspension, I wanted to pose a question to everyone: do you autox with regen on? My natural answer was "Yes of course, I just need to learn how to control my right foot better." But then I experimented with using the "roll" setting instead of "stop" (remember, no Track Mode here) and now I can lift the throttle without the nose diving. It allows me to use the left pedal to control trail braking and weight transfer - it was MUCH easier to throw the car around instead of over-slowing for my corners.

There are natural advantages to autoxing with normal/max regen, though. Namely, this is how I daily drive and I want my muscle memory to know how the car will react in an emergency situation. I wonder if there are other advantages/disadvantages I'm not considering? What do YOU do?

Attachments

• FrontSwayBar.jpg
    FrontSwayBar.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 39
  • RearDriversEndLink2.jpg
    RearDriversEndLink2.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 39
  • RearPassEndLink2.jpg
    RearPassEndLink2.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: tm1v2
I use max regen at AutoX. It gives you fine control in things like slaloms without having to move your feet. If you're used to it from street driving, you don't just lift off when you want no power. You only lift off to the zero power point, you don't lift all the way off. You know you'll get some braking if you lift all the way.
Plus, if you're doing it right, you're either on the power or deep in the brakes, so getting the braking started ASAP as you lift off and go for the brakes is a good thing.

Hi guys,

Running a Model 3 AWD boost here. (normally running a 620HP SSM Corvette C7 GrandSport)

Car has Eibach progressive lowering springs, very close to OEM, ride is just 1in lower.

I did an AutoX with the car in April with 235/45 18 PS4S. The car did pretty well but was massively undertired and not giving power unless wheels were straight.

I had the opportunity to buy a set of APEX EC7 wheels with brand new 265/35 18 RT660 tires.

I had a question : did someone try to run AutoX with ABS disconnected ? I did some test on the road, steering assist is low but it is not an issue, but doing some braking tests (on cold tires) I locked my front wheels very easily, way sooner than I would have expected.

Do you feel losing ABS is worth more adjustability and acceleration with the car vs restrictive EPS/TC ? I don't want to put to many flats on my new tires ^^

Mountain Pass is a little bit cold in selling the Party Box it looks like to me... It's so shitty Tesla does not give the option of buying the track mode for boost owners...