Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Parking Garage Lift and Alarm Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can advise me on the best strategy to deal with this issue I am having with my model 3. At my apartment complex the parking garage uses a lift system. As such when the car is moved on the lift and I am not within range, the alarm is triggered. I have tried to resolve it by switching off the 'tilt/intrusion' but that doesn't help. The only solution is to deactivate the alarm altogether.

However, I am concerned as once deactivated when I travel away from the apartment I need to remember to manually reactivate the alarm once again, which occassionally I will forget. Is there no way to have the alarm activate by default unless I specifically deactivate it before leaving the vehicle? The tilt/intrusion feature works like this so seems a bit short sighted for Tesla not to apply the same logic to the alarm feature. Or is there another strategy I could use to avoid the alarm being triggered on the lift altogether, surely there are others who have a similar issue?

Thanks,