Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automotive: egos + money + cars = conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Tesla Update: Former CEO’s Crashed Car, IPO Plans & WhiteStar « Earth2Tech

Departed (and disgruntled) CEO Martin Eberhard was supposed to receive Roadster #2, and AutoblogGreen points out that he still hasn’t received it. Siry confirms with us that during a test drive a technician “made an honest mistake” and crashed the car. (On the day of a board meeting, no less!) Siry says no malice was intended for the former CEO. Tesla is repairing the car (not sending a new one) per Eberhard’s request, according to Siry.

(oops, this seems to have been covered elsewhere -- sorry!)

This is at the very least ironic...

This reminds me of Auto Racing: egos + money + cars = conflict.

2006 Champcar San Jose GP, Tracy VS Tagliani incident (crash):

YouTube - Champ Car San Jose 2006 Tracy/Tagliani scuffle

LIVE audio:

YouTube - Paul Tracy and Alex Tagliani Champ Car Fight

"What the Fah! I have no cah!"
-- easton12

Incident here:

At the hairpin, I believe you can see the Adobe bldg in the background.

I did the 1st 3 races in the Champcar 2006 season (my multimedia project to help Auto Racing): Long Beach GP, Houston GP, Monterrey GP. BTW, Ze'v Drori bid on the assets of the bankrupted CART. ZD is a pretty good amateur racer, he did well in the Long Beach GP celebrity race several yrs back. K. Kalkhoven (Uniphase silicon valley .com'er) ended up winning the bid to form Champcar. Champcar itself went bankrupt earlier this year (Bad Management & poor Media PR..does that sound familiar?), & there was a "merger" between Champcar & it's arch-rival IRL. I'm sensing a similar situation with Tesla Motors, it's on a downward spiral.

Experience is a Great Teacher

Champcar
CORR
Telsla Motors

Q: What do the above 3 have in common?
A: it's being run by people who have no experience in automotive ("rookies")

CORR has 50 million into their startup (over primetime NBC) to take their product to the masses (like Tesla Motors), & it's failing. Interesting product, but hemorraghing money. LOTS of discontent among its clients (racers, fans, media). BTW, Xtrac is involved with CORR (a couple of Pro 2 trucks, both teams I'm good friends with). The Xtrac Class 1 client desert racer (I'm friends with the team owner/driver, Martin C.) just scored 1st in the Baja 250 & 3rd in Baja 500 this year: they solved the "severe shockload" tranny problem. That knowledge could be brought over to the Tesla Roadster

Last edited by a moderator: