Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autonomous Car Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would that make it harder? The autopilot only has to be accordingly less aggressive in its driving, i.e. lower speed, lower acceleration in all directions, etc.
Because semi trucks can't be driving down the highway at 35mph. You have to be able to predict the crazy things drivers around you are going to do and respond to them with a far less maneuverable vehicle.

At CES 2022, Mobileye just introduced their new EyeQ Ultra system-on-a-chip, designed for end to end consumer car autonomous driving.

NEWS HIGHLIGHTS
  • Mobileye introduces EyeQ® Ultra™ – a single package AV-on-chip super-computer that is purpose-built for end-to-end autonomous driving.
  • Proven Mobileye EyeQ® architecture underpins EyeQ Ultra, maximizing performance and efficiency at 176 TOPS (tera operations per second).
  • First silicon for the EyeQ Ultra is expected in late 2023 with full automotive-grade production in 2025.
  • Mobileye also introduces the next-generation EyeQ system-on-chip (SoC) for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS): EyeQ6L and EyeQ6H.
mobileye-eyeq-ultra-16x9.jpg.rendition.intel.web.1920.1080.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff N
Nvidia Drive presentation at CES 2022:

Hey - thank you for posting - I don't wanna be rude, but did you watch the video before posting?
If so - could you summarize the main points you remembered afterwards?
And even more important to me, your opinion on them in regards to Tesla FSD?

I'm coming here from the Investor Thread and hoped for more opinions on the state of FSD - but nothing in here - the investor thread was not impressed with MobileEYEs presentation - no opinions on Nvidia in there yet.

Mobileye says they will provide full autonomy for $1K (OEM pricing) hardware and software by 2025.
About the 18 minute mark in the video.
Previously I remember Mobileye saying they were going to charge $10K for their system.
Reading the tea leaves , I think the hardware might be available in 2023 and software in 2025.
Amnon Shashua says tomorrow they will provide more details.
I'm skeptical as usual, but I hope they can pull the rabbit out of the hat.

Last edited:
Reactions: diplomat33
Non progress: Concept car promises Level 3 autonomy. What does it mean that a car that is not scheduled for production promises something?
Similar articles:
  1. Chrysler previews its all-electric future with Airflow concept SUV
  2. Chrysler Airflow Concept Heralds The Brand's All-Electric Future
It means that they're saying it's arriving later than their software mentioned here:

Mobileye says they will provide full autonomy for $1K (OEM pricing) hardware and software by 2025.
About the 18 minute mark in the video.
Previously I remember Mobileye saying they were going to charge $10K for their system.
Reading the tea leaves , I think the hardware might be available in 2023 and software in 2025.
Amnon Shashua says tomorrow they will provide more details.
I'm skeptical as usual, but I hope they can pull the rabbit out of the hat.

In the Under the Hood presentation going on now, Shashua said that Mobileye wants the cost of L4 FSD to be less than $5000 in order to make consumer AVs affordable.

Hey - thank you for posting - I don't wanna be rude, but did you watch the video before posting?
If so - could you summarize the main points you remembered afterwards?

The video is only 15 minutes. I think you should watch the video for yourself. That way you can make up your mind rather than just taking my summary or my opinion. I am not endorsing Nvidia. They are definitely not my #1 pick. But I like to share these videos to educate people on what others are doing with FSD.

I'll believe it more once I see it listed in Mobileye's marketing information. As of now, I don't see a traffic control feature listed in any of the SuperVision materials.

We all know what happened with Bmw's traffic light feature.
It's fascinating to me how people fall for Mobileye's BS lol. SuperVision that's coming out this year won't be anything like what you see in the ME AV videos in Munich, NYC, etc. Nothing like it. I guarantee it.

The best case is that SuperVision is similar to highway NoA, and lane keeping on city streets. Traffic light / stop sign recognition and response are questionable. I doubt it'll have stop sign or traffic light response. There's a good chance it'll have traffic light recognition but no response (stopping / going).
Cool but that twitter source isn't reliable lol
lol is that good enough for you?

In the description of this new marketing video from Cruise, it says that since Fall 2021, Cruise has now completed over 350 fully driverless rides with over 200 employee riders spanning nearly 9,000 miles.