Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark without FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

15Peter20

Supporting Member
Oct 26, 2020
Norfolk
Hi all, first post here.

M3LR black/black on order since 8th October. Waiting excitedly for a VIN same as many others from the delivery thread.

My question: in the Tesla app it offers to take me through my car’s features, one of which is Autopark. I didn’t order FSD and was under the impression one had to in order to get this feature. Will Autopark be present does anybody think?

Hi all, first post here.

M3LR black/black on order since 8th October. Waiting excitedly for a VIN same as many others from the delivery thread.

My question: in the Tesla app it offers to take me through my car’s features, one of which is Autopark. I didn’t order FSD and was under the impression one had to in order to get this feature. Will Autopark be present does anybody think?
Autopark is only available with FSD, or for those that managed to purchase EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot) when it was available.

I paid for Active Parking Assist with Parktronic when I got my current car. I think that I've used it less than a dozen times. It's very hit-and-miss, sometimes tries to park at 90 degrees when you want it to parallel park, its slow to detect a parking space, slow to operate and generally not very good at all.

A complete waste of money.

Not sure I'd call it slow. I've used it a few times and its not too bad. Best use case is parallel parking between 2 cars.

It doesent actually pick up "spaces" that are not bound by other objects, such as other cars/walls etc.

So I guess, if it's an empty car park you can easily just park yourself, so you only really need it for tight spaces, but yeah.

Another downside, if both cars either side are badly parked, it will be in line with the parked cars, not the lines.

Not sure I'd call it slow. I've used it a few times and its not too bad. Best use case is parallel parking between 2 cars.

It doesent actually pick up "spaces" that are not bound by other objects, such as other cars/walls etc.

So I guess, if it's an empty car park you can easily just park yourself, so you only really need it for tight spaces, but yeah.

Another downside, if both cars either side are badly parked, it will be in line with the parked cars, not the lines.

I agree. It has its limitations but within those limitations it does a decent job.
Now if they'd upgrade it with a car-dimension block one could move on screen to where one wanted car to end up on a 360 view it'd be magnificent.

FSD is still showing on mine at £6,800, but I noticed about a month ago that semi-FSD was available for £3,400 and that included autoparking plus a few other things. I'm beginning to wish I had researched the option a bit more now. Did anyone get the £3,400 option and can they enlighten us on what it offers?

FSD is still showing on mine at £6,800, but I noticed about a month ago that semi-FSD was available for £3,400 and that included autoparking plus a few other things. I'm beginning to wish I had researched the option a bit more now. Did anyone get the £3,400 option and can they enlighten us on what it offers?

It was for enhanced autopilot. The main draw was the ability to change lanes on motorway without having to disengage autopilot. Arguably quite steep for for the privilege but it turns motorway driving into a breeze

Reactions: RedMod3