Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've used Autopark many times to parallel park and the car has never curbed the rims. I used to own a Mercedes S Class which would curb the rims all the time.

Is Autopark really so flawless, or have other people curbed their rims when using this feature? Just wondering how much I should trust it.

It’s not flawless but it is quite good compared to the competition. There have been reports here of curb contact and even the rate cutting too early especially when behind a truck. Definitely supervise it, but it’s pleasantly surprised me much more often than not.

It’s been a great experience for myself. The other benefit to using auto part is that the break is very sensitive to touch. It stops immediately, which is why people complaining about issues with it irk me. It’s not supposed to be 100% computer driven, and the method to stop in problematic maneuver is instant.

It almost always parks better than I can, and I am proud of my parallel parking abilities.

Once, on a narrow Philadelphia street with cars parked on both sides, I drove perhaps 60 feet past the parking spot once I made the decision to try and park there. When I looked down, I saw the little "P". I figured I would give it a try.

The car backed all the way up the road, maintaining distance from the cars on both sides, and pulled into the relatively tight spot. Amazing.

• Informative
Reactions: Peteybabes
99% flawless...my only minor gripes with it are that it's super slow when parking in a space (I could manually reverse park twice as fast) and sometimes pulls to close the vehicle in front when parallel parking, almost to the point where it's out of the parallel park space and double-parked.

99% flawless...my only minor gripes with it are that it's super slow when parking in a space (I could manually reverse park twice as fast) and sometimes pulls to close the vehicle in front when parallel parking, almost to the point where it's out of the parallel park space and double-parked.

I would prefer that the car leave equal space between the car in front and the car in the rear. Right now it parks closer to the car in front.

ouch, sounds like my old lexus...

my model x is as fast as me, or might be 5 seconds longer...absolute breeze.

Then I might be the fourth... In my Model S (AP1), I have used the auto-parallel park feature well over 100 times and never touched the curb much less gouged a rim... All of my rim damage is from my own poor driving skills... LOL :)

Jeff
Okay okay you've convinced me to try this - never once tried it on either AP1 or AP2. Here goes nuthin. Please pm me your address to send my repair bills to.